2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
I will never buy another brand of car
By atclew on 02/02/05 11:34 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After being stationed in Europe and having a chance to drive the 3 major brands of European autos (Audi, BMW, and Mercedes). I was already a bit biased towards Mercedes Benz for the comfort of the ride alone. After purchasing the C320 with the 4-matic and having driven it for awhile now, I am just amazed at how well this car handles and performs. On longer trips, my wife has trouble staying awake because the ride is so smooth, a feat not accomplished in other vehicles we've owned.

what is not to like on a C240
By imburg on 11/27/04 14:08 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

this car has one main drawback and that is the dash control design. In bright sunshine its almost impossible to read the orange lettering on the dash. I have experienced only one problem with this car which walters corrected and that is the computer that detects the braking force also detects other functions. Otherwise it runs faultlessly in city and on the highway.

.............
By Sara G on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car & it handles very well. The CD disc changer in the glove compartment is nice. I also like the 1 touch feature. Although I've had a lot of small things go wrong. They aren't major, just in inconvience to take it to the dealer.

C230 Kompressor
By jayjkay on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Multiple little problems with this car. Sunroof losing it's settings, fuel door locking up etc. Fun to drive, great looking. If the minor mechanical issues go away, I would rate higher.

Not worth the money!
By Dean Shari on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

It's $22000.00 car and not $34,000.00!! Very disapointed for what you get for the money, thinking about trading it for BMW.

Newly sold on Mercedes Benz
By Benz Believer on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I drove the Acura TL, G35 and the Honda Accord V6. I really liked the 04 TL overall and the G35 for its performance but neither really turned me on. I was about to settle on the TL when I saw this almost new 230 sports sedan. I immediately fell in love with its looks, handling, fit and finish; everything. Even though my father owned and loved 2 I never considered a Mercedes. I guess I just thought they were out of my price range and no fun to boot. I was wrong, though I bought used, a new 04 or 05 was not priced badly. This car beats the 2 Saab Turbos I owned hands down. I love this car, its performance, the looks...everything!

Simply the best!!!
By John PAO on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Lets face it. There is no other small size car with so many features that drives like it. I test drove A4 AWD, G35 AWD, Jaguar AWD. After driving a 94 C280 for 10 years with no problems the C240AWD was the only car able to convince me that it was time for a new car.

MB = Mostly Broken
By artmuns on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Been in shop 6-7 times in 20 months. Out of service about 30 days. Biggest complaint was occasional hesitancy in acceleration and rough idle. Took dealer a year to fix. They tried to convince me it was "in spec". Various other problems. MB has promised a "trade assist" for a new car. We'll see!

No Comment
By Harrell on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

High class fun. Very sporty. Zippy

Bad wiring, poor service
By Beth_walters on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

In the 6 months I've owned my C-240 I've had 5 problems, all electrical (Elect. ignition switch, alarm, gas gauge, head lights & brake lights). Other than that it's a pretty good car: good mileage & handling. Interior design could be better: cup holders, location of switches and screen. However, the service I had from my dealership was poor, especially when after the first couple of problems I heard from the owner himself, "I don't know what to say. I don't know what to tell you. I don't kwow what I can do." You know what, that's not it. I may get another Mercedes in my future, but it won't be a C240 and it won't be from the same dealer.