2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Great driving automobile
By Herman on 11/17/06 20:46 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Excellent automobile, only returned once during 50,000 mile warranty for replacement of automatic temperature control module. Very tight turning radius makes parking very easy. Manual transmission and supercharged 4 cylinder engine provides for excellent gas mileage. 28-30 mph in town and 32- 40 mph on the highway at 65-70 mph.

The black bean!
By 4dr C240 Sedan on 09/18/06 06:10 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Mercedes-Benz purchase. I really like driving my car and the service that was included in the initial factory warranty.

Traded In at 62,000 miles
By J Ziomek on 08/31/06 22:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I absolutely loved my C230. It was a blast to drive, looked great on dates, and I could blow by most cars on the highway. Up until 2 weeks ago the only problem with car was tire replacement, $600 every 12-15K miles. But that was to be expected. Two weeks ago I was driving home from NC to PA I stopped for lunch and the car's electrical system failed. The SRS, ESP, BAS warning lights began flashing and stereo stopped working. End result $2000 in repairs including replacing the stereo and various other parts. These repairs are to be expected after years of ownership but not at 62,500 miles. I traded it in on a Volvo and the trade value was $16,000 without repairing it.

So far so good
By jm on 08/16/06 05:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

While highly skeptical about quality/reliability when purchased for my wife, so far it has been almost flawless. No electrical problems. Cup holder replacement is it. Knock wood. She loves it, likes the size.

Oh, the Electrical Woes.
By Brian F. on 06/09/06 20:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

What a great car to look at! Fun to drive, except when you have to get a loaner when the radio won't work. Or like the time there was a sparking wire making the driver's seat dangerous. Or the time the windshield wipers stopped working. Or the time the left headlamp would not light each time it was switched on. Or the time I had it in the shop when the right headlamp would not light when it switched on (the whole component had to be rebuilt). Other than that, the car is a pleasure to drive. But since it is a glorified Chrysler now, expect it to be in the shop quite often to fix annoying problems. Buy a Benz, see the world in a loaner car!

'03 230k
By dfkies on 05/12/06 10:38 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Bought the C230 a year ago and even though it's my winter/work car still managed to put 15,000 trouble free miles on it. Rear wheel drive got along great in Wisconsin winter as long as there were Blizzacks on all four corners. Have had no problems, get 34mpg hyway, fun to downshift the automatic. Had a BMW 325i before but got tired of seeing myself around every corner so bought the c230. Steering seemed loose at first compaired to BMW but now am getting use to it. Overall OK car.

I am in love!
By Kaushik Lodh on 12/06/05 17:46 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I am a Principal Engineer at a tier one Automotive supplier. I am also 28 yrs old. I needed a car that would be fun to drive, reflect prestige and above all, perform flawlessly to stand up to the toughest engineering standards. This car does it and more. Its perfect, nothing needs improvement (including the stylish cup holder). It is made in Stuttgart, Germany, excellent fuel economy, and SUPERB performance. Every single day, every single time, I am at a light, I race it against my neighboring vehicle. Till date, NOTHING has been able to beat its acceleration. It handles curves like a ... mercedes! Stability, comfort, elegance, style...! No other car (including the BMW) can satisy like this.

Great little car
By dfk on 10/20/05 16:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Car is fun to drive but corners somewhat soft. The looks are great IMHO and still has the classic MB styling. The 230 is a great little engine with all the power anyone will ever need.

I Love My MB!
By Dawn on 09/27/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my MB C320 4Matic for two years now and I just love it. I live in Alaska and endure a lot of miserable winter weather with icy roads, deep snow and -40F. At first, I was concerned that the severe cold would have a negative effect on the performance, however, just the opposite. My car flawlessly handles all of the bad road conditions, provides a graceful, comfortable ride with superb handling. I will never own anything else but a Mercedes. My husband is frustrated that the car requires using Super Unlead Fuel, especially with these high fuel prices, but I think it's worth it. Oh...I love the heated seats, too! It's a very safe vehicle and one I'm proud to be driving!

Great Car
By justice2106 on 02/11/05 18:19 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Don't be put off by the C230's 189hp. It is more than enough. Bi-xenon headlights are a must because the standard headlights are not clear, check some pictures. The car handles well and gets pretty good fuel economy. The standard audio is decent and the front seats are terrific, the back seats are also nice, but don't offer a lot of leg room. The build quality was excellent, I never had any problems. The only thing to be aware of is that the sport tires have to be replaced every 15,000 miles (about $1,000). I recommend the tire rack if you are looking to save money. We just sold ours for a 2005 C230 (pewter).