2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Proved excellence !
By rmalkov on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I just got my first MB and impressed by how the car feels - very solid and compact at the same time. Now I now myself there is MERCEDES and other cars in the word.

I love my M-B !
By Jovo Charuga on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent ride, smooth tranny, quiet engine, superb handling & cornering. First class exterior and looks like scaled down, much more expensive S- Class. I have it for two weeks now and no problems so far.It has far superior ride and exterior design than Audi A4 and Volvo S60 that I also test drove.The interior is not as sophisticated as Audi's but much better than Volvo's.The engine is strong enough for quick take-offs from the line and has enough reserve for additional kick when passing at 75 mph. Auto-tranny is as good as it can possibly be. Suspension is perfect balance between sporty feel of Audi and cruiser feel of Volvo.

I'm hooked for life
By kjs on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought my C240, and I love it. I'm now a Mercedes customer for life. I like all the added features - 4 years of scheduled service, etc. The car is a dream to drive - it's ultra smooth no matter how fast you're going. The seats are comfortable, too. I test drove the 240 and the 320, and didn't feel a whole lot of difference in the horse power. I didn't feel that the "added" features on the 320 were worth an extra $5,000 to $6,000 on the price of the car.

Happy Times
By paengineer on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Looked for a car for a long time before settling in on this one. Very good value for the money. Great mix of performance, engineering features, safety, and style.

First 230K in Mass.
By crvols on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have 15K on it now and have enjoyed it. However, since my first service at 10K I have now: 1. Used a quart of oil 2. The rear sunshade had to be replaced 3. A switch on the steering wheel went bad 4. developed some creaks. I like drivng the car and the looks, I just hope it holds up.

Its OK
By Fred James on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

It was a nice car when I bought it, but now it seems like junk. Things are starting to break. My computer goes crazy sometimes and the dealerships excuse is, "The Technology is too new for them to have fixed all the glitches." If that wasent bad enough , I get between 8 and 12 mpg.

Should've, Could've...
By Oops on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it in August, and it's been back in the shop 3 times. It was delivered with wheels off balance. Rear sunshade doesn't retract on every try. Auto lose sunroof doesn't always work. This car has rattles coming from the center dash, trunk area, driver and passenger side roof lining. Dealer can't find the rattles. The visor mirror cover is made of cheap plastic. The steering is WAY TOO sensitive off center at freeway speeds, way to heavy at parking lot speeds. This thing will not track straight on the freeway. The doors don't close with the MBZ thump. The transmission lingers in the lower 3 gears. This is not a good deal.

Oh so smooth!
By Dnice on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Have had it for eight months now and simply love my C230. Solid road performance; accelerates, handles, responds. Smooth ride. Sunroof makes it feel like a convertible. Controls easily accessible. Had problems with the sound system (CD and antenne stopped working) but the MB dealer fixed both in no time, hassle free.

I Love my Car
By Tom Roddenberry on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Luxury all around, the car looks and feels like a $50,000 car. Very Comfortable. Gets wonderful gas mileage. The perfect luxury car to take my mind away from the horrible commute. I looked at everything else, the Acura TL, the Infiniti I 35, the BMW 3 Series, the Jaguar X-Type, the Lexus ES, the Volvo S60, nothing else came close to the luxurious feel of the Mercedes C240. This car feels like it should be far more expensive than it is.

New 2003 C240 Sedan
By JohnN757 on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

All in all, I love my new Mercedes Benz C240. It's comfortable with both short distant stop and goes, and long distant trips. Luxury abounds.. which is a nice change from the older more spartan Mercedes. Definately a good buy in my opinion. With 4 years of service included from Mercedes, you can't go wrong.