2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Nice Car
By J Pao on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I used to own an Acura 3.2TL. My C is smaller, but feels more solid than the Acura and handles much, much better. The fuel economy could be better. The engine is powerful, but could stand a few more ponies. I have driven this through a blinding snow storm and can say that the AWD worked like a dream. The car handled beautifully. Contrary to another review, this car is easy to park and handles very well at all speeds. It came down to a choice between the BMW 330ix and the C320 4Matic. The BMW drove better, but only marginally. Finally, the BMW could not compare in terms of luxury i.e. dual climate, seats, other features.

A Winner For Under $30K!
By edward.thaute@citize on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Caveat: I have only owned my C230 for 6 weeks, but no defects discovered so far. This car, with 6-speed M/T and the C5 and C7 packages including 17-inch performance tires, leather, and Bose stereo, is a blast to drive. Great acceleration in 3rd and 4th gear, comfortable cruising in 6th, superb handling characteristics. Blew an Audi TT off the line the other day - felt good considering the Audi costs at least $6-10K more. Only complaint - ABS not as effective as my previous car (Saab 9-3), and, despite ESP and traction control, doesn't handle real well on snowy or icy roads. Overall rating an 8.75.

C320 Review
By cwlgal on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

We've had the vehicle for 3 months and driven it 6,500 miles. It's proven totally reliable, no rattles, and provided an average of 25 MPG. I'm surprised how much we were able to get in the trunk. Everyone who sees it or rides in it loves the car. I traded an ML 320 on this car and have absolutely no regrets.

Fun to drive
By HansP on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

A car that will run 152 mph, gets 33 mpg highway, great looks, and a Mercedes to boot. Look no further than the C230. One drive and my wife and I were hooked. Driving a big SUV took the fun out of driving. This car is a blast.

Perfection
By P7 on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Just got my 2003 C32. Handling is unbelievable - sticks like a magnet. Perfect balance of ride and comfort, not as harsh as M3. Understated elegance - looks intimidating but not obnoxiously so. Seats are great. Engine is awesome - sub 5 second 0-60 (haven't pushed it yet, still breaking it in). Problem is, I'm definitely spoiled.

my c240
By Amir on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

It was like love at first sight when I purchased my 2002 Mercedes Benz c240. It is such a beautiful car!! I have compared many cars before buying this and after driving it I just knew this was the one

Warning( Lemon) save your money.
By adrian cox on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Warning this is a bad car(lemon).I dont have enough room to list all the engine problems. My car would stallout when I would try to pass someone.It stalled out when I was accelerating from a complete stop.It stallout in the middle of a intersection. It repeatedly shutoff after I would refuel it.It had to be towed to the dealership(Rahal) after I couldn't (with the help of others)get it to start after refueling.In the first six months of ownership it had 16 problems .So I got a lawer.Just put it this way if you wont to know everything email me.

Bought A Lemon
By Bought A Lemon on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Bought (2002) car June 22nd-crappy right from start. Returned for bad air flow sensor-first week. Car died in in parking lot had it towed in-second week. Dealer kept car 34days. Called lawyer-third week. Car has been parked for 4 months. If you buy a c240 you will need a good lawyer.

Fun to drive when it works.......
By EireForEvr on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Since the day I have taken delivery, I have had problems with the car dropping out of cruise control. There is a problem with either the Brake Assist System or the Electronic Stability Program or both. I am getting ready to take the car to the dealer for the 4th time. I don't blame the dealer - think I just got a bad car off the assembly line. Absent this problem, I think it is a great car. I love driving it.

2003 Mercedes-Benz C230 Coupe
By chamby on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I don't have many miles on the car yet, but so far I'm impressed by the quiteness, solid feel of the ride and controls, and the maneuverability provided by rack and pinion steering with rear wheel drive. I've driven the larger S Class Mercedes' and this C230 gives you the same substantial feel of quality. I suggest you get the leather interior because the cloth interior design cheapens it's appearance (looks like the cloth in a Tercel or Neon. UGHHH!). To us, it didn't matter if the badge said Mercedes or Daewoo, we realized it was well-built, good- looking, functional car that was also enjoyable to drive. A lot of car for the price.