2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
The car is tops.
By Burns on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I am in love with this car. It is my first Mercedes and won't be the last.

First Benz - C230 RWD Sport Sedan
By First Benz on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The smallest of Benz sedans, the C230 RWD Sport Sedan is well worth the money. The C230 is very roomy with plenty of interior, front and rear, passenger room as well as plenty of trunk space. It's great on gas, I am averaging about 28 mpg highway driving. It's a blast to drive, although rear wheel drive isn't the best in the snow.

Great Car
By AquaT on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

First class automobile and fun to drive. Really turns heads and gets compliments. Service intervals are very impressive (11000 miles before first service visit)Wow, do that with a domestic!

Unreliable
By driveer on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Have it for 2.5 years. I've been at dealership for 5 times (at least). Mostly computer-related problems - but had AC repaired and some othe replacement too. Big disappointment taking into account image that Mercedes- Benz is using. I think Hyunday wouldn't have such a quality. Great driving, wonderfull design - don't have it over the warranty.

No regrets at all
By RHS on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is marketed as the "cheapest" MB available on the market, but despite its price, it is really fun to drive (6-speed manual) with excellent performance with fuel economy. The optional leather seats and sunroof sure adds up the cost, but it's still great price for a car that has the style and performance not far from the CLK320, and looks much more interesting than the ubiqutous BMW 3series. I must add that when I test drove the BMW330Coupe, it has excellent performance too, but my wife and kids hated the ride as front and back passengers, which made them nauseated, so I settled with the Mercedes in which they tolerated well as passengers.

C320 4dr sedan
By rmcguire38 on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

first mb. always been a car buff, very impressed with car; quality and performance. don't like total maintenance policy as i prefer to maintain cars myself. surprised at performance both agility and speed. more fun to drive than corvette that i traded in. would love to have amd and dust a few vettes. fuel milage was another pleasant surprise. 29-30 mpg on interstate trips. wish i had bought mb sooner. wish i had bought an e model as it has more room for longer trips, but c is best choice for about town. purchasing experience was typical; glad don't have to do that often.

Sweet ride
By samphel on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Real fun to drive, Solid design, Excellent acceleration. Compared to the Acura RSX, the torque on the C230 crushes the Acura, hands down. Overall, a safe, and fun car to drive. Usually, safety and fun dont often go together but in this car, it just does.

2003 C230 - 5 speed automatic
By Michael Maddox on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My first Mercedes. So far so good. The car is very quiet. It drives like an improved version of my '99 Passat. Considered an Acura RSX, but for a few dollars extra, you get a lot more car.

Mercedes C240
By Jungmel on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Car was purchased by my wife. It is not too big to handle in small spaces. The car performs well and has very good acceleration given relatively low horesepower. It handles almost as well as our BMW 326ic with more comfort and more amenities. It holds four adults comfortably and the trunk is big enough for two sets of golf clubs and some luggage. My opinion is you get a lot of car for the money and this car is underrated....or more appropriately..never rated. Why they call it a 240 I will never know..it has a 2.6 liter engine. Perhaps they were afraid of a lack of marketing distinction between the 240 and the 320. This car is solid.

Enjoying the experience
By swami-g on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Mercedes and I must say that I am impressed. Everything about this car seems 'solid'. The standard features are excellent and the handling is very 'sporty' for a sedan.