2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Proved excellence !
By rmalkov on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I just got my first MB and impressed by how the car feels - very solid and compact at the same time. Now I now myself there is MERCEDES and other cars in the word.

I love my M-B !
By Jovo Charuga on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent ride, smooth tranny, quiet engine, superb handling & cornering. First class exterior and looks like scaled down, much more expensive S- Class. I have it for two weeks now and no problems so far.It has far superior ride and exterior design than Audi A4 and Volvo S60 that I also test drove.The interior is not as sophisticated as Audi's but much better than Volvo's.The engine is strong enough for quick take-offs from the line and has enough reserve for additional kick when passing at 75 mph. Auto-tranny is as good as it can possibly be. Suspension is perfect balance between sporty feel of Audi and cruiser feel of Volvo.

I'm hooked for life
By kjs on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought my C240, and I love it. I'm now a Mercedes customer for life. I like all the added features - 4 years of scheduled service, etc. The car is a dream to drive - it's ultra smooth no matter how fast you're going. The seats are comfortable, too. I test drove the 240 and the 320, and didn't feel a whole lot of difference in the horse power. I didn't feel that the "added" features on the 320 were worth an extra $5,000 to $6,000 on the price of the car.

Should've, Could've...
By Oops on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it in August, and it's been back in the shop 3 times. It was delivered with wheels off balance. Rear sunshade doesn't retract on every try. Auto lose sunroof doesn't always work. This car has rattles coming from the center dash, trunk area, driver and passenger side roof lining. Dealer can't find the rattles. The visor mirror cover is made of cheap plastic. The steering is WAY TOO sensitive off center at freeway speeds, way to heavy at parking lot speeds. This thing will not track straight on the freeway. The doors don't close with the MBZ thump. The transmission lingers in the lower 3 gears. This is not a good deal.

I Love my Car
By Tom Roddenberry on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Luxury all around, the car looks and feels like a $50,000 car. Very Comfortable. Gets wonderful gas mileage. The perfect luxury car to take my mind away from the horrible commute. I looked at everything else, the Acura TL, the Infiniti I 35, the BMW 3 Series, the Jaguar X-Type, the Lexus ES, the Volvo S60, nothing else came close to the luxurious feel of the Mercedes C240. This car feels like it should be far more expensive than it is.

New 2003 C240 Sedan
By JohnN757 on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

All in all, I love my new Mercedes Benz C240. It's comfortable with both short distant stop and goes, and long distant trips. Luxury abounds.. which is a nice change from the older more spartan Mercedes. Definately a good buy in my opinion. With 4 years of service included from Mercedes, you can't go wrong.

C320 - Car of a Lifetime
By McLucky on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My '03 C320 is terrific! Excellent handling, plenty of power, superior performance all around. I love all the features overlooked by many car manufacturers. I haven't had it long enough to judge reliability, but so far it's the nicest car I've ever driven, much less owned.

I love my C320 Sport
By tdt on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My car is as fully loaded as it can get, including the COMAND system, sport pkg, and voice control. Contrary to what alot of car magazine editors are saying, I have absolutely no problem using the navigational system or the voice recognition program or all those helpful buttons on the steering wheel. And they call themselves car enthusiasts. Hah! I would have gotten the C32, but my wife said that I would have gotten myself killed.

Great Car all around!!!
By benzy on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Great Car.Very comfortable(might be a little tight in the back seat).Engine could use a little more kick.Seats are very comfortable and sound is very good (I didnt get bose because there wasnt much of a difference.Stock system is made by Alpine.Good enough for me).Overall a good buy,many features,handles the road great,and very luxury!!This cars great!!!