2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews 14

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
First Benz - C230 RWD Sport Sedan
By First Benz on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The smallest of Benz sedans, the C230 RWD Sport Sedan is well worth the money. The C230 is very roomy with plenty of interior, front and rear, passenger room as well as plenty of trunk space. It's great on gas, I am averaging about 28 mpg highway driving. It's a blast to drive, although rear wheel drive isn't the best in the snow.

Great Car
By AquaT on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

First class automobile and fun to drive. Really turns heads and gets compliments. Service intervals are very impressive (11000 miles before first service visit)Wow, do that with a domestic!

Unreliable
By driveer on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Have it for 2.5 years. I've been at dealership for 5 times (at least). Mostly computer-related problems - but had AC repaired and some othe replacement too. Big disappointment taking into account image that Mercedes- Benz is using. I think Hyunday wouldn't have such a quality. Great driving, wonderfull design - don't have it over the warranty.

C320 4dr sedan
By rmcguire38 on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

first mb. always been a car buff, very impressed with car; quality and performance. don't like total maintenance policy as i prefer to maintain cars myself. surprised at performance both agility and speed. more fun to drive than corvette that i traded in. would love to have amd and dust a few vettes. fuel milage was another pleasant surprise. 29-30 mpg on interstate trips. wish i had bought mb sooner. wish i had bought an e model as it has more room for longer trips, but c is best choice for about town. purchasing experience was typical; glad don't have to do that often.

Mercedes C240
By Jungmel on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Car was purchased by my wife. It is not too big to handle in small spaces. The car performs well and has very good acceleration given relatively low horesepower. It handles almost as well as our BMW 326ic with more comfort and more amenities. It holds four adults comfortably and the trunk is big enough for two sets of golf clubs and some luggage. My opinion is you get a lot of car for the money and this car is underrated....or more appropriately..never rated. Why they call it a 240 I will never know..it has a 2.6 liter engine. Perhaps they were afraid of a lack of marketing distinction between the 240 and the 320. This car is solid.

Enjoying the experience
By swami-g on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Mercedes and I must say that I am impressed. Everything about this car seems 'solid'. The standard features are excellent and the handling is very 'sporty' for a sedan.

Nice Car
By J Pao on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I used to own an Acura 3.2TL. My C is smaller, but feels more solid than the Acura and handles much, much better. The fuel economy could be better. The engine is powerful, but could stand a few more ponies. I have driven this through a blinding snow storm and can say that the AWD worked like a dream. The car handled beautifully. Contrary to another review, this car is easy to park and handles very well at all speeds. It came down to a choice between the BMW 330ix and the C320 4Matic. The BMW drove better, but only marginally. Finally, the BMW could not compare in terms of luxury i.e. dual climate, seats, other features.

C320 Review
By cwlgal on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

We've had the vehicle for 3 months and driven it 6,500 miles. It's proven totally reliable, no rattles, and provided an average of 25 MPG. I'm surprised how much we were able to get in the trunk. Everyone who sees it or rides in it loves the car. I traded an ML 320 on this car and have absolutely no regrets.

my c240
By Amir on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

It was like love at first sight when I purchased my 2002 Mercedes Benz c240. It is such a beautiful car!! I have compared many cars before buying this and after driving it I just knew this was the one

Bought A Lemon
By Bought A Lemon on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Bought (2002) car June 22nd-crappy right from start. Returned for bad air flow sensor-first week. Car died in in parking lot had it towed in-second week. Dealer kept car 34days. Called lawyer-third week. Car has been parked for 4 months. If you buy a c240 you will need a good lawyer.