2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Mercedes has become Chrysler!
By No more Mercedes on 04/05/09 06:34 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C240 Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Mercedes used to be one of the best quality, most reliable, a durable cars. Since they merged their purchasing / procurement function with Chrysler and decided to globalize themselves instead of being 100% German, the Mercedes quality degenerated to the level of Chrysler or even below. I love the design and the functionality of the station wagon. I love driving it. But the QUALITY? My car within 30,000 miles had 2 catalytic converters, 2 (!) alternators, engine gaskets (ouch) and several little bottoms replaced. 2 door knobs and parts of 2 doors were replaced. The headlights after 50,000 miles are no longer possible to turn off, electrical problem with several thousand dollar repair cost

Drives nice but...
By LISA on 07/11/07 11:41 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car in 2005 with only 9000 miles, luckily under warranty. Car is nice to drive but has had a lot of electrical issues. Tranny leaked but had a recall on that and so far so good on that issue. The problematic electrical seems to be ongoing though, now at 40K miles the moonroof switch does not work all the time. Probs with electrical have been: Cig lighter failed (dealer said from plugging in cell phone?) told me to use the one in the back..convenient!; front headbeam would work sometimes when it wanted to, now taillight is out; drivers headrest failed. Non-elec quality- back seat cover seam tear fixed 3X (still torn); carpet on floor came apart; both front struts blown at 20K

The Perfect Used Car
By Elton on 05/16/05 17:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C320 Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is an off-lease 320 wagon purchased from the MB auction in Atlanta. Although it has 23,000 miles on it, there is NO wear and tear in the interior. Most people who have seen the car think it is new. Since I paid in the low 20's for this vehicle, I feel I've gotten an awful lot of car for the money. I don't understand why MB is not offering the 320 wagon this year-It's much more fun and has a better ride than the 240. It's a great value!

Certified pre-owned, what a great car...
By gogomikey01 on 12/03/04 15:59 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a black on in June,certified with just under 25k miles. I drive just over 900 miles/week,almost all highway, rest is 2 lane winding county road. The car is quick and quiet,with a smooth and well contolled ride. I drive aggressively, this car is very responsive. Just had heavy ground frost and icing, 4matic lets me accelerate into traffic with confidence. This is a very sporty car with the utility of a wagon. Drove BMWX3,BMW325Xi, VW 4motion GLS and W8,this was much nicer. Best praise, just bought another one today for my wife,certified '03 with just over 19K since we both like this one so much. Cargo room is small for a wagon, but plenty big when the rear seats are folded down.

Almost a 10
By matrixfreak on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Had the car for over a year. Been a joy to drive. Have enjoyed driving car everyday. A tremendous amount of comfort & safety features for the price. A little weak in the performance department but adaquate. Full power seats should be std. & not a $1200 package upgrade. Also, cupholder is a Rube Goldberg experiment. Feel sorry for the poor soul that paid close to sticker price. I get a tremendous discount by working for Daimlier but was almost insulted by the trade-in value. Plan to keep this car a while!!

Great AWD Wagon
By Robert 1939 on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I live in rural area; moderate to heavy snow; steep hills. Car performs beautifully in winter conditions. On highway, it feels like a larger and heavier car, although it is slightly smaller and lighter than my previous car.

My Overall Opinion of the C320 Wagon
By Remyatiffy on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C320 Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Overall this car is very satisfactory for me however I feel that I sacrificed alot of room from my previous SUV. Also I am not as pleased with my overall service interaction at this point of owning the vehicle.I purchased this car orginally from a good friend who unfortunately is no longer at the dealership so I believe the exceptional service I received was short lived. I have to say that I will be going back to a SUV in about a year and also my previous vehicle make which was a Lexus because they continue great service throughout my entire ownership of the car.

Great car- Great price
By NASHVILLEC230 on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great Car, love to drive it. It looks best in black because the open view window on the roof is well hidden. Go for the upgrade on the cd package - Make it the 6 disc bose, that automaticly increases or decreases at certain noise levels. Cool.

Nice Car
By Baljeet on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C240 Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Nice car to drive, esp. if it is your first Mercedes

This is one terrific car!
By J26 on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased in August 2003. Previously owned a 2000 Audi A6 and never thought I'd find a car with a better ride and handling, but the C240 4Matic wagon fit the bill quite nicely. Great styling, comfortable interior and QUIET! Fantastic handling and control.