Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

I am in love!
By Kaushik Lodh

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I am a Principal Engineer at a tier one Automotive supplier. I am also 28 yrs old. I needed a car that would be fun to drive, reflect prestige and above all, perform flawlessly to stand up to the toughest engineering standards. This car does it and more. Its perfect, nothing needs improvement (including the stylish cup holder). It is made in Stuttgart, Germany, excellent fuel economy, and SUPERB performance. Every single day, every single time, I am at a light, I race it against my neighboring vehicle. Till date, NOTHING has been able to beat its acceleration. It handles curves like a ... mercedes! Stability, comfort, elegance, style...! No other car (including the BMW) can satisy like this.

Favorite Features

Stability, ability to handle curves, comfort while driving. And reliability. I know for a fact that Mercedes test their vehicles more rigorously than any other manufacturer. And it is safe... absolutely safe.

Suggested Improvements

NOTHING! Just make sure you keep making them at Germany, American made Mercedes are not just up to German made Standards.

MB = Mostly Broken
By artmuns

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Been in shop 6-7 times in 20 months. Out of service about 30 days. Biggest complaint was occasional hesitancy in acceleration and rough idle. Took dealer a year to fix. They tried to convince me it was "in spec". Various other problems. MB has promised a "trade assist" for a new car. We'll see!

Favorite Features

Nice ride.

Suggested Improvements

Better reliablity.

Best Buy ever
By Rafa77095

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I looked and looked and I'm glad I found this car. I had never own a Mercedes before but I can see why people buy higher class models. This car is super fun to drive. The air-con controls are a little odd. I just hope I made a smart choice.

Favorite Features

Bose System, six-speed transmission, and powerful motor.

Suggested Improvements

Keep radio and air-condition controls simple.

Luxury at affordable price
By Murthy

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Fun car to drive. Good experience at the dealership experience. Car's great. has 25-30 more standard features than in BMW 3 series. The features are nifty and absolutely wonderful. Great fuel economy for a 3.2 l V6.

Favorite Features

Separate climate controls for front seat passengers. Seats, bose speakers, Auto stick, front leg room, power.

Suggested Improvements

Cup Holder, Climate Controls, Arm Rest, CD Player location, shoulder room and Door lock ------------------------------------- Upper portion of arm rest in way of leg while resting. Climate control not very user friendly. Door lock should be on the left arm rest.

Great Car - Styling is unbeatable!
By Jeff in NorthAtlanta

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I am as well a first time MB owner and given my experience with this car, I look forward to my next MB. This car is a great driving car, comfort, safety, responsive and great handling at high speed. Having read these reviews I agree with may points: I’m 6’ and find the interior room adequate. Styling is outstanding as compared to other cars in this range… btw I think BMW needs a new design team…yuck. As far as the cup holder and temp controls, I do agree, seems to take more effort than necessary, but my decision criteria generally involves other features.

Favorite Features

Responsiveness and handling. Solid feel.

Suggested Improvements

Center AC/Heat controls need to be simplified.