2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Rock Solid with Slick Design

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

Rock Solid with Slick Design
By jmatheson on

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

The exterior design and the Mercedes brand are what first drew my attention. This is an aggressive, muscular wedge of a car with thoughtful Mercedes design cues throughout. I've loved the safety features and it's a blast to drive. I expect this car to last me a while. I chose the brilliant silver exterior with black leather interior. Although the smallest Mercedes, it has all the looks of the bigger Benz. Just a few complaints. Lack of a CD player is astonishing in this day and age. Lots of brake dust on front rotors. Front cupholder is a little overwrought. But, I'm picking at details. This car has class and character. I get more comments about this car than any other I've driven.

Exterior design, proportions, Mercedes cachet, safety features (especially surround airbags), smooth ride, lack of wind noise, solid build, supportive seats, handling, doors close like a bank vault.

CD player and MP3 connections. Perhaps a better cupholder. That's it.