2002 C230 Kompressor /Coupe
By johnny3691 on
2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)
Do not buy a 2002 C230 Kompressor, I bought it new in Mid-2001 and now have 155k. The following work are being done now and some work were done last year: Cost around $3000.00 Front Suspension shock absorbers Front Right sway Bar link Adjust wheel bearings Left and right torque struts left lower ball joint Sway Bar Front Brake Pads and Rotors Maintenance average $2000.00-$2500.00 in 2008-2009. Right lower ball joints/Arms. The engine lights problem was very expensive to fix. I spent $2500.00 for check engine light problems and the problem only went away for about 1 week. The dealer simply told me to pay more money to replace more parts. I finally gave up on the engine light.
Favorite Features
Performence, fast.
Suggested Improvements
Build better quality parts
By momashi
on 08/12/13 19:54 PM (PDT)

Why have you given this car a 4 out of 5 stars? I can appreciate that you loved it while it was going well but you just forked over almost 10 grand and should not reward the manufacturer's bad reliability by giving the car such a good ratings. I see alot of guys who do this and it gives the car a false high user rating which it doesn't deserve and misleads those of us trying to make a buying decision.