2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: 2002 C32 AMG

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG - Consumer Review

2002 C32 AMG
By Slater126 on

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Car is brutally fast. That wasn't a surprise. What was a surprise was the nature of the powerplant. Car is spookily quiet and smooth until you get into the throttle. Not anything like my edgy '97 M3/4 was. More like a Rolls powerplant as opposed to a sporty motor like the BMW straight 6s. Oh yes, the supercharger whine. It's there, and I love it. Ride is smooth and comfortable without being sloppy. I heard some complaints re the ride so maybe I'm used to sports cars? Don't know. It works for me. Ergonomics are great and materials are high quality. Gas mileage? Not so much. Ours gets 16.5 MPG average. Our '06 RSX Type-S gets 26.5 MPG in the same driving. Great car overall! 4 stars.

Engine, ride, ergonomics, appearance, build quality.

No AMG product has ever had a manual transmission. Why not? Gas mileage could be improved but I guess for the power you get what you pay for. I could use a slightly sportier exhaust note.