2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Not like they used to be

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

C240 Sedan (2.6L V6 6-speed Manual)

Not like they used to be
By benz gal on

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I just purchased a C240, 4 door sedan, after much research on edmunds and other consumer websites, comparing the BMW 325I and Audi A4 quatro. I consider my self very loyal to Mercedes- - this is my 3rd one. However, the day after I took delivery on my new C240, the instrument panel indicated that my engine was overheating. Only 4 days of ownership, Mercedes had to replace the cooling system fan unit! We'll see whether this solves the problem. However, now I'm noticing that my fog lights are not working properly. Needing to bring a new car into the service department is really a bummer, not to mention a waste of time! Mercedes quality seems to have deteriorated over the years.

Smoother ride than Audi or BMW. Safety features, like TeleAid, which calls police/ambulance to your car if the airbags go off, and 8 airbags standard. Also, can locate your car if it's stolen. High quality interiors.

Make an in dash CD changer standard, not a dealer option. (Cassette is standard now.) Upgrade the standard speaker system.