2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Highly Disappointed

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

C240 Sedan (2.6L V6 6-speed Manual)

Highly Disappointed
By Claudia Valle on

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reliable automobile. This car has lost more interior pieces than I have been able to keep up with. The electrical components of this car leaves a lot to be desired. I had to replace the alternator at 52,000 miles - the first time in my lifetime as a car owner that I have had to change an alternator this soon. This vehicle has really tarnished my image of the Mercedes Benz brand. When you pay this much for a small sedan, you expect reliability, quality, and decent peace of mind. Wish I would have opted for the Lexus instead.

Nice exterior. I particularly like the Tele-aid feature which comes in handy when the car leaves you stranded in the California desert.

Reduce the number of loose pieces, covers, and plates in the interior. The hood release is difficult to find. I've had to look for it that many times! The cup holder design is weak. The AC controls are annoying to try to figure out unless you can read hieroglyphics.