Great Car!
By Andyd987 on
2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)
I wanted somthing somewhat luxurious, sporty, comfortable and partical. This car fills the requirements almost perfectly. My car is a gourgeous bright red 6-spd with the stereo upgrade, heated seats and handlamp washers as the only options. Even after owning the car for a year and one-half, I get almost as many looks as I did in the C3 Corvette I sold to make room in the garage for the Benz. I get 27 MPG highway and 19 MPG mixed, mostly city. My experience with this car has been trouble free. When my 17 year old every day use VW GTI expires this car will replace it and I am sure will last even longer.
Favorite Features
I especially like the car's road feel, engine sound and sound system. Running up through the gears or downshifting a couple or three gears to pass is very satisfying to the senses.
Suggested Improvements
This car should come standard with an in-dash CD player. One of the improvements Mercedes made for 2003 was to improve gas mileage by decreasing engine displacement to 1.8 litres. Mercedes now has a V-6 option for the car. I like 212 HP V-6 and the 31/23 MPG of the 4.