2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)
My first MB.
1. Central air duct broken at delivery -
replaced at no cost (warranty).
2. Key receptor dead at 8000 miles -
replaced at no cost (warranty). Note:
Service arrived on the spot in < 10
minutes! Handled the case superbly.
Rides wonderfully. Seats are great
(lateral support + comfort). Steering
feel excellent. Brakes very good.
Stereo (BUT: NO CASSETTE NEEDED,
THANKS!) Very quiet, yet engaging.
Design, seats, build quality,
quietness, value, fun to drive with
manual transmission, gadgets
(integrated stereo-cell phone system,
programmable garage-door opener, seat
memories on front doors)
0. ADD 30 HP TO STANDARD ENGINE!
1. Tachometer very hard to see with
hands at 10:10.
2. Right mirror view obstructed by
tweeter on door.
3. Cassette player obsolete! Replace
by in-dash CD-changer.
4. Cruise control lever not convenient.