Buy an extended warranty
By Daphne on
2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)
6 yrs old and 118K. At 5'2", I am very comfortable in it but my husband at 6'2" is another matter indeed. At the touch of the pedal she'll give you whiplash. Leather is sporty and stands up to daily wear. I'm gonna miss her. A superbly fun car to drive but please, please buy an extended warranty with this car. At 90K it started breaking down. Let me count the dollars. 1. rear main seal $1800 2. outside temp sensor (did not fix - $500) 3. CD changer $300 4. sunroof shade $99 part $700 labor 5. sunroof gears stripped $1800 6. catalytic converter $1300 part _$600 labor I loved this little car until it started reaching into my wallet for more than routine maintenance.
Favorite Features
Love being able to slip into manual; great stereo settings, a keyless window/shade roll down feature, continues to run heat/air while you are in the store for a few minutes, car will check oil on its own if it is on level ground, dual climate control, rear seat sunroof
Suggested Improvements
Love it except for the money I have to spend fixing it. Also, electronic display in dash fades out when it gets hot outside. Thank goodness for old fashioned speedometer. Requires 93 octane. A/C is kinda loud.