Biggest mistake of my life.
By Jerry on
2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)
I purchased this used from a MB dealer with only 35000 miles. The moment I left the dealership, I started having problems with shaking, idling rough. It took 3 visits to the MB dealer in Florida before they corrected the problem. I have had this car in the shop so many times I lost count. Everything goes wrong with this piece of junk: Electrical system, door locks, instrument computer, door handle fell off, gaskets, seals, wheel problems, rotors, oil smells, AC going out, lights burning out constantly, etc. The service plan I purchased ($3500.00) ended up not covering most of the things and when it did, I paid $200 deductible each and every time.
Favorite Features
The car is sporty and it gets looks, that's it. There is not a darn thing appealing about this car now. I despise it and can only wait till it's paid off enough to dump it on some other poor sucker.
Suggested Improvements
No CD player, I purchased a C240 MB CD changer for $1000.00 and had it installed. Cup holder broke easily 3 times. Back seat area tiny, almost too small to be considered a 4 door. MB needs to recall Module control, door locks, heck the entire car!