Big Name, Little Performance!
By BlueSuedeJay on
2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)
I have had my 2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Coupe for 2 1/2 years, after only one year the gas tank leaked in my garage, and my car needed to be towed out. At 9,500 miles they had to repack the wheel bearings and tighten sunroof. Now with 21,000 miles they need to be replaced again the sunrrof squeaks. My car makes a horrible sound until it warms up, everytime you start it. The dealership service manager said that this is normal for this model. It sounds like a diesel, or a 12 year old car. The supercharger lacks performance and consistency in its output (six speed). The cloth seats stain if any water touches them. I traded up from a 1997 Ford Mustang GT. In every aspect of performance, the Mustang was better. This is a horrible car hiding under a Mercedes Benz Logo. I will never own another Mercedes again.
Favorite Features
Glass Roof, Exterior design.
Suggested Improvements
Where to start. This car needs a better clutch, suspension, upholstery, and supercharger. I couldn't even fit all of my complaints above, but the Mercedes-Benz Service Manager and Regional Rep won't do anything for me. This is a lease that is under allowance by 10,000 miles! I hope not every car is a lemon like mine!