2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Great Car
By sadamb on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

So far I have loved this car. The looks you get while driving this car are great. Its affordable for being a Mercedes and I feel good about the safety features.

MBZ 2002- C 320
By WHALER on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Attention to detail is excellent as is the layout and comfort features. Finish and fit is flawless. Bose sound system is without peer and the CD player works well. Layout of controls a little different and take getting used to,but once you are used to their placement they are convenient and make a lot of sense. Car is consistant with MB reputation and quality.

Best Car on the Market in its class..
By Voltaire on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A lot of people will say different things about a lot of different areas of a car, this is quicker, that is faster, this handles better, but when all is said and done and when everything is taken into account and you look at the entire package you just can't beat a Benz! The C-320 holds true to its nature, offering comfort, luxury, safety, reliability, and performance all in one, that is truly admirable and like no other in its class.. I'm a first time Benz owner and I have to say, its the best car I've ever driven..and I've driven them all (under 100K that is..).

Great Car
By Ed99 on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Mercedes. Grate car to own, excellent service provided by MB.

Love It
By MSP on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my C240 2002 since August of last year and had no problem. Why buy another make of car, when you can buy a Mercedes in the 30's.

So Far So Good
By benzi on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2002 C240 with Automatic Trans in Oct. 2001, after looking at VW Passat, Volvo and BMW. I am very surprised at the reviews I've been reading, because so far this car has been wonderful. No problems what so ever, it drives great, it shifts extremely smoothly, it is very quite and I still love the way it looks in the inside and outside. Maybe I got lucky. You have to get used to the controls and the complex computer, but so far I have nothing but praise.

C320 IS PERFECT
By ALAN0917 on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

have had my C320 for about 7 months now. mechanically excellent. Very satisfied.

Truely a Disappointment
By Johnny-Benz on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Great looking car, but TOO MANY Probelems. I had to go to the dealer 9 times for repairs like linkage, shifter, sunshade, 3 sensors, keys didn't work, seats and more. From what I read from other C-class owners, I think it might be time for a class action lawsuit against Mercedes Benz !

The Service Manager is my best friend
By ranbou on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my C320 for 3 months and I have had 5 service visits. Items like windows and sunroofs not operating are one thing, but when the car stalls out on you 5 times in different traffic situations, it's time to move to another vehicle. Yesterday was the last straw. Driving around 70 on a packed Interstate, the engine lost power. From the fast lane, I have to negotiate to the shoulder of the road. It was a pretty hair-raising and frustrating experience. When I hit the shoulder, the engine perked up again and I was able to drive to the dealership. I am very disappointed and I will be getting rid of it ASAP. I expected more from MB.

spend elsewhere
By errand boy on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for about 15 months and been to the repair shop 5 times with problems. Including a one week siesta for my benz with no loaner.The car is slightly underpowered. Since my wife and I wanted manual, the 320 was not an option.She drives it most of the time. The most serious problem was when the car stalled suddenly.They claimed it was the ac compressor disengaging the clutch. We got it back the first time and it drove fine, but the ac still did'nt work. Nowadays I pretty much only drive the car when it has to go in the shop, which is about every 2 1/2 months. I drive a 2001 passat v6 and have no problems. One would expect some quality control from mb.