2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Problems and more problems!!
By PDE on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love the styling, handling and performance, but I'm not sure I made the right buying decision. I have had the car (with only 15000 miles) in for repairs four time so far. All the problems have been with the electronics systems going bad and having to be replaced. Thes have included... stability control (twice), alarm system (twice), sunroof (twice), rear sunshade, infrared keys, rain sensing intermittent wipers. I have owned the car for less than a year and a half! With a Yugo, I would expect this, but a Mercedes?

Great Car with horrible Build Quality
By babo21 on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

smooth V6, good handling, looks luxurious and the name Mercedes However, it is seriously overpriced, i bought mine for 4 grand under MSRP. No in dash CD, CD changer cost $800 becuz stupid fiber optic cable. horrendous build quality.. one of the speaker went out on first day..electronic key failure on second day.. kinda scared what's up next..

A DREAM COME TRUE
By PENICHET on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

THE SPORTS PACKAGE IS THE BEST $3010 I HAVE EXPENDED; IT BRINGS TOGETHER COMFORT & EXCITEMENT. THIS IS A SOLID CAR, AND EVEN WHEN THE V6 HAS LESS HP THAN THE 4CYL SUPERCHARGED IT FEELS STRONGER AND MORE REFINED.

C320
By DVP on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned a 3 series and driven most other sports sedans, I think this car is underrated by the BMW-biased media. For everyday driving, city/rural/sports/casual, this car has an exceptionally well executed blend of competence, composure, speed and safety....without the attitude of the BMW sales & service staff. Add the "Evolution" package rubber and rims from the C230 for even better handling and appeal.

I love my wife's car.
By C ME GO on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I warm up to cars slowly but this latest C-Class by MB with the big 3.2L twin-spark V6 won me over quickly. And, it's big enough for 95 percentile males to drive and has many comfortable seating positions. The engine just loafs, even on the biggest hills, and the whole package delivers comforting feelings of security, competence and value.

WOW
By FBANKS on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

GREAT CAR TO DRIVE.

Good car but......
By blox on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I was interested to read the many comments from owners of the 320 regarding the tires. I have needed new tires since I reached 10,000 miles! I do not drive hard miles! MB has agreed to pay for two tires as well as an alignment! In addition, the outside mirrors do not work in conjunction with the electric seats! MB has promised to fixed that as well. All in all, the car has been a disappointment since I expected much more from Mercedes.

What an Amazing Car
By pjc on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my new 2002 C320 for 7 months now and no repairs needed yet -- at all. The power moonroof occasionally gets out of sync, but by checking the manual, I discovered that I just have to hold the rear pop-up button for a couple of seconds to resync it. Other than that, no glitches at all in 7 months. Amazing! It's an absolute joy to drive. Amazing power, tho not quite as agile as my '75 MBZ, which had a tighter suspension

Great car poor radio
By mreckitt on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car is much improved over my 96 220.

Love this Car!
By mel6008 on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car! It's comfortable and drives like a dream--very stable and smooth.