Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

You can't go wrong.
By Conradikal

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I am a police officer specializing in traffic reconstruction. I have seen many crashes involving all kinds of vehicle makes and model. NOTHING impressed me more than a Mercedes Benz. AMG elevated Mercedes to a higher level. Not only can an owner enjoy the safety Mercedes offers, AMG provides the horse power other manufacturers strive to achieve. It has four doors. In my opinion for its price range, it is the best value. Owning one truly gives me the best of both worlds. A car that is built like a tank that can run with Porsches and Corvettes. Not that I do, but knowing I can is good enough. It is a wolf in a sheeps cloak.

Favorite Features

My favorate feature is definitely the hand built engine AMG produces. It is truly a work of art. A V6 with the power of a V8. The safety features that is unsurpassed.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see some of the options available to the E class and S class that is not offered to the C class models. I'm quite sure future models will have a slightly more powerful engine than the current model. Fuel economy is something Mercedes can work on.

Muscle car in Mercedes Clothing
By Johnec

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I heard so much about this car that I had to test drive it, 24 hours later I owned it! With a friends performance computer stuck to the window I pulled a 0-60 4.7 seconds and a 1/4 mile a little over 13. This car is grace and elegance inside and out (heck.. it's a Mercedes, what would you expect?) But underneath the hood and behind the tires beats the love-child of a Porsche or a Corvette. This car is a monster! Forget all the reviews find one and go drive it... but preferably at a dealership, I am afraid a private owner might cry while you push the throttle and his Z rated tires light up like the 4th of July.

Favorite Features

Rides like a Mercedes, looks like a Mercedes, grabs the respect a Mercedes deserves, but runs and handles like a 911 in "sports mode", ...but with a push of a button you have your 4 door family sedan back. Best of both worlds!

Suggested Improvements

None

Problems, problems, followed by 10 grand
By Benznogood

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This car is an absolute mess. 3 Months and thousands of dollars later I couldn't have bought a bigger lemon. Its falling apart. Supercharger out. ECU out. Having a legal battle with Mercedes over warranty work that should be done, but its not. I'm not so much mad at the car. The Mercedes corporation is awful. What a bunch of no good tightwads. Its has been nothing but an absolute nightmare dealing with them. They refuse to honor their warranty. The car rattles, electronics go out. Oh and to fix ALL the problems they have the audacity to ask for ten thousand dollars. No way. I hope everyone else has a better experience.

Favorite Features

Speed when sc works.

Suggested Improvements

almost everything.

2002 C32 AMG
By Slater126

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Car is brutally fast. That wasn't a surprise. What was a surprise was the nature of the powerplant. Car is spookily quiet and smooth until you get into the throttle. Not anything like my edgy '97 M3/4 was. More like a Rolls powerplant as opposed to a sporty motor like the BMW straight 6s. Oh yes, the supercharger whine. It's there, and I love it. Ride is smooth and comfortable without being sloppy. I heard some complaints re the ride so maybe I'm used to sports cars? Don't know. It works for me. Ergonomics are great and materials are high quality. Gas mileage? Not so much. Ours gets 16.5 MPG average. Our '06 RSX Type-S gets 26.5 MPG in the same driving. Great car overall! 4 stars.

Favorite Features

Engine, ride, ergonomics, appearance, build quality.

Suggested Improvements

No AMG product has ever had a manual transmission. Why not? Gas mileage could be improved but I guess for the power you get what you pay for. I could use a slightly sportier exhaust note.

Great Car!
By rishi

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

The cheapest AMG model, but definetly value for every dollar spent! Although being my first car, it's hard to judge until i drive others.

Favorite Features

Accelaration!

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy, Interior design/ materials. It's Okay, but I'm sure Mercedes can improve upon it.