2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Love My Car
By Dina H on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2002 C320 Sedan in November 2002. This is my first Mercedes and don't think I'll own anything else. I am impressed with the car's power, handling and styling. I am most impressed with the service department. I receive excellent service that I believe is indicative of Mercedes Benz.

Consider Before Buying
By donsturdy on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

After 5k car had no power & stalling. Dealer said heads needed to be replaced(2 weeks later had car back). Told to add Tectron every 2k to reduce reoccurance as it could happen again. On way home dash lit up & indicated car needed service immediately. Returned car-found problem was result of damaged part due to replacing heads. Also passenger door lock refused to opperate. It gets better. Dealer told me to add Tectron when car was almost empty then get gas. When I went to fill up, the gas cap cover refused to open. Couldn't go further & had to wait 4 hrs for service van. There is just no confidence left with the auto. Expect to trade in for a new Lexus.

2002 C240
By asecks on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car is fun to drive when you want to be sporty but can be a luxury car at the same time. Roomy enough to fit my entire family but small enough to feel sporty.

GREAT CAR! I LOVE IT!
By bck113 on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I just got my new 2003 C240 about a month ago and absolutely love it! I was getting this car for my first car so i needed a car that was going to last me through high school and all of college. Im so glad I got this car, it looks great, performs well, and is extremely high quality. I haven't had any problems yet. Many people love to compare the BMW 325i and the MBZ C240, yet i think they are incomparable. My brother just got a 325xi and they are both awesome cars, just differences in style. If you are thinking about getting this car, you will not be sorry. I love my C240 more and more everyday.

Excellent car, minor glitches
By on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

My first MB. Problems: 1. Central air duct broken at delivery - replaced at no cost (warranty). 2. Key receptor dead at 8000 miles - replaced at no cost (warranty). Note: Service arrived on the spot in < 10 minutes! Handled the case superbly. Overall: Rides wonderfully. Seats are great (lateral support + comfort). Steering feel excellent. Brakes very good. Stereo (BUT: NO CASSETTE NEEDED, THANKS!) Very quiet, yet engaging.

Wife's MB
By Robin Jenn on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent car overall, but air conditioning fair, could certainly be improved! Little annoying things like drink holder not opening and door seals having to be replaced within the first 3 months that our local MB dealer Hoelm MB quickly took care with very friendly staff at service.I prefer this car over our previous BMW 3 series.

C200K Elegance
By JMurray on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Drives as good as it looks. Never liked a car as much as this. Mercedes really got it right in most areas with this car. Very nice and a joy to drive. Will put Xenon lights and timber laminated steering wheel (aftermarket)will put the icing on the cake.

Great car but mine cuts out too!
By Benzilla on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Have had car 3 months. Had BMW and Porsche in past. Both had electrical problems. Car has been great to date. Fun to drive and feels safe. Figured perhaps with a Benz, may have better luck with mechanical problems. WRONG! For some unknown reason the car has cut out twice while going down the road @ 45 MPH! (looks like a few other have had the same problem?) Car now going to shop to see what the problem is. I sure hope we don't end up in the same boat as the other 2 German cars!

Mercedes C-240 ? This is Mecedes Quality
By Going Back To Lexus on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Rear window fell out, Dash went out, Alternator went out, head gaskets went out leaking anti freeze into motor, oil pump and sensor went out, front end squeaks, back sunshade broke, seats lost leather color in less than 6K miles, drivers seat broke " back fell off" need I say more? think I have a true Lemon Here. Working with MB to Buy car back however...not sure what they want to do yet however.

C320 Sedan is great
By Andy J on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Fun to drive, lots power C320 with attrative styling especially the head lamp