Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Highly Disappointed
By Claudia Valle

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reliable automobile. This car has lost more interior pieces than I have been able to keep up with. The electrical components of this car leaves a lot to be desired. I had to replace the alternator at 52,000 miles - the first time in my lifetime as a car owner that I have had to change an alternator this soon. This vehicle has really tarnished my image of the Mercedes Benz brand. When you pay this much for a small sedan, you expect reliability, quality, and decent peace of mind. Wish I would have opted for the Lexus instead.

Nice exterior. I particularly like the Tele-aid feature which comes in handy when the car leaves you stranded in the California desert.

Reduce the number of loose pieces, covers, and plates in the interior. The hood release is difficult to find. I've had to look for it that many times! The cup holder design is weak. The AC controls are annoying to try to figure out unless you can read hieroglyphics.

Heck of a Mercedes
By ChuckA

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 2 BMWs in the past, and I find that the MB is more comfortable and rides nicer. It will not handle as well as a BMW, but you get comfort and style in place of handling in hard corners. I enjoy this car greatly and love the way people look at me while I drive.

Very smooth and stylish. it gets up and goes without problems. Good gas mileage for a larger V6.

More solid interior door handles and rear side shades with rear shade option.

C240 is a classic understated sedan
By K

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought mine new in July, 2002. Generally, with over 16,000 miles on it, my C240 has performed well, especially on long drives, where it is really in its element. The one thing I do not like is there is very weak pickup on it, which is dangerous if you need to merge or drive into traffic from a standing idle, especially for a U-turn across multiple lanes. Otherwise, the quality and design of the car, and its solid performance makes it an operational dream pleasant to behold. Mine was manufactured in Stuttgart.

The performance, the classic understated look.

Engine needs more get up and go off the dime.

48000 mile critique
By DDCDDS

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second MB, and I leased it new. It was fairly bulletproof for 3yrs, but has had lots of problems in the last year. Most of the problems are associated with electronic systems, the key, one touch sunroof closure, etc. A great car in many ways, but beginning to be an aggravation, so I'm glad it's leased. Dealer service has been exceptional--always a loaner- and a great track record in dealing with problems beyond their control.

Rain sensitive wipers. Nice, quiet, smooth ride and handling.

Go back to the basics and return to the days when MBs were built like bank vaults.

New but Used
By Kenw

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car about six months ago and it had 35,000 miles on it. I had no intention of buying a Mercedes but when I drove it I fell in love. So far it hasn't let me down. It has been flawless and I absolutely love driving it. If you aren't certain you want to buy one, don't drive one. It will suck you in! I worry about the long term reliability when the warranty runs out. I understand if anything does go wrong it is very expensive to fix.

Styling, power, and handling.

Drink holder is almost worthless, and the back seat is quite small.