2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

C230 2.3L 4-cyl. Supercharger 6-speed Manual - (148 reviews )
Black Beauty
By jacenglish on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love this car and it has given me a little taste of the good life. I now have been bitten by the Benz bug.

My Perfect 10
By cybergypsy on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Don't let these reviews scare yo away from this car... I had yes 34 cars in the last 3 years and I love this car much better then the BMW which i had 4 of. This car rocks...

From VA to IL
By from VA to IL on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

This car has been by far the most fun yet most complicated car I've ever owned. When people see it I usually hear things like: wow! Mercedes. If they only knew the depreciation I've taken on it, Hyundais would be Maybachs per comparison. Based on its current value it is like a yugo made by MB. As reliable as the wheather man (but hey I always get a mercedes benz loaner so who cares) when it works it is a jewel, controls easy to reach but seat comfort is relegated to passengers rather than driver. Overrall it is okay, it looks agressive so it appears fast. Tires R-bad but so- R our other car's.

Love this Car!
By mtujague on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I am a case manager so I travel a lot. I love this car and don't know if I will ever let it go. It is fun to drive and handles like a true mercedes.

Lot's of fun
By jcv on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I don't know how Mercedes makes and sells these cars for so little, this thing is great. Solid MB build, excellent performance and reliability, what you'd expect from a Mercedes Benz

Great Car...and its only my first
By Berat3k on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

great speed and performance. I like the way it handles and the way you can zip around turns. The only problems i have had with it is that is hard to see your blind spots and look behind you went parking or anything like that. Exterior has an awesome look and the interior is cool awesome!!

2002 C230 six speed C7 C5
By mayday51000 on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Very comforatble and economical car to drive. Very quiet and economical with the six speed transmission. Vehicle requires four snow tires in winter/snow belt climates

Quality issues
By ShadowNeko on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I have a 2002 C230K for around 1.5 years. It has been in services for number of times: . 5 times for SRS light. . 2 times for ESP and BAS lights. . 2 times replacement for CD-changer. . 1 time malfunction front-end stabilizer bar. . 1 time broken instrument button. . 1 time loosen weather strip. . 1 time replace all rusty wheels' fasteners. . 1 time broken speaker mesh cover. . In addition, a very rust break caliper but refused to be replaced.

OK CAR
By VLADIMIR THEODOROF on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

IS A HIGH QUALITY COMPONENTS CAR CHEAPLY BUILT. I WOULD OPT FOR 3.2L ENGINE ANY DAY (UNFORTUNATELY WAS NOT AVAILABLE IN 2002)

A Chrysler in MB clothes
By irlfan72 on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Don't fool yourself that MB quality is great.Car has 16,300 mi and been in for;supercharger,hatch,foglight,cupholde r,hatch repaint. It starts rough at times and I'm concerned it's another repair waiting to happen. Thankfully, it's all under warranty. Upon recent B service at MB of Hagerstown, rims came back scratched. I wouldn't expect that of your local garage, let alone an award winning MB service department! They promised they'd be "touched up" next service. Despite its faults, a blast to drive. Overtaking is easy and onramp/offramp driving loads of fun. However, we will be getting rid of ours prior to the warranty expiring for fear it will be a burden.