2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
a little surprised
By hosuk lee on 03/01/02 18:08 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I had to take my car(C240) in for a warrenty job 4 times. They weren't because of big jobs.. They were just minor jobs but I was very annoyed. I expected a better car than this from Mercedes. The things I had to get fixed were windows making clicking noise when closing, remote key not working properly, and the trunk not openning unless manually opened with the metal key. I expected more of a car since I paid $37000 for a tiny car like C240.

Best car under $40,000
By Paul Blinn on 03/01/02 17:46 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Very nice looking and drives great

Disappointed
By NoMerz on 02/28/02 19:31 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I got my 2001 in February of last year. For the first 10K miles, the car drive like a dream, but after the 10K mark things started to happen.-Rear Sun Shade motor replaced-Vibration at speed 40 mph when parked over 5 hours ibration disappears about 15/20 minutes drive)-Uneven wear (wavy) on the outside treads-CD/Radio on/off intermittent (Fiber Cable replaced) -Purge Valve replaced-AC acting up-hot air out of vent -Whine in low speed (0-20 mph)

Perfect
By mb driver on 02/28/02 10:58 AM (PST)

No more to say

Happy-Despite the Break DOWN
By MzDoubleR on 02/27/02 15:46 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Overall the car is nice, I just purchased the vehicle less than a week and it cut off on me, now I do have a loaner, but why should a brand new car cut off especially on the highway. I think actually the new cars are too loaded with the new space age devices, which probably caused my car to cut off. I still love the car though, but I'm hoping I don't go through the horror stories that has been issued pertaining to the other models.

C230 what A car!
By jh007d on 02/26/02 17:19 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I recently bought C230. And, this is one of the kind. For the price, I actually get more than I paid for.

The all time perfect car.
By c32hammer on 02/26/02 17:08 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I have found the perfect all around car, its name is C32. Try it you will love it.

2002 MB C230 Sport Coupe
By u0043928 on 02/26/02 03:10 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Great bargain for an entry level Mercedes. Shared the same technology and safety features as C240 & C320 for much less. Solid, stable and agile. The 3-pointed star on the grill set it apart as the sport/performance category than the C-sedans.

Double your pleasure
By double your fun on 02/13/02 19:34 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased two C320's in October 2001. One for myself (sport model) and one for my wife (standard model). We love both of the cars. Previously, I had a 98" C280. The C320 is a major improvement over the C280. No comparison. Fun to drive but mileage is not quite as good as C280 probably due to higher displacement and horsepower in the C320. Switched wheels on my wifes car to E420 sport wheels (17") and car rides exactly like a C320 Sport Model but with a different look.

Great Baby Benz
By skogkatt on 02/13/02 16:33 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I purchased my C230 in December after having researched and test driven the BMW 325i, Honda Accord EX, and Nissan Altima. After driving the C230, there was no more need for comparison. The car has a solid build coupled with great looks. The supercharger makes it fast and fun to drive. I opted for the 6-speed, wheel package, and CD player. It still came in under $27K. The true joy of life is the trip. Mercedes C230 makes it more enjoyable.