2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2002 C-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Sort Reviews by

Can I get heat with that
By BRP

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up our new C240 8hrs after arrival at dealer Thurs. Wasn't ready as promised. Heater wouldn't work. Called at 10am next day as instructed. Car ready. Arrive 12:30pm and pick up car. Minutes away from dealership, turn heater on full blast. Thirty minutes later arrive at my office and cold air still flowing. Therefore, can assume one of two things: dealer never fixed heater; dealer fixed heater and it broke a second time before driven off the dealer's lot. Lemon?

a little surprised
By hosuk lee

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I had to take my car(C240) in for a warrenty job 4 times. They weren't because of big jobs.. They were just minor jobs but I was very annoyed. I expected a better car than this from Mercedes. The things I had to get fixed were windows making clicking noise when closing, remote key not working properly, and the trunk not openning unless manually opened with the metal key. I expected more of a car since I paid $37000 for a tiny car like C240.

Suggested Improvements

Get all bugs out before selling a new model to the public. Mercedes is not about mass production. Your main selling point is the image. Once you lose it, you got nothing.

Best car under $40,000
By Paul Blinn

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Very nice looking and drives great

Favorite Features

Kick down, head light washers

Suggested Improvements

alarm for window breakage

Disappointed
By NoMerz

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I got my 2001 in February of last year. For the first 10K miles, the car drive like a dream, but after the 10K mark things started to happen.-Rear Sun Shade motor replaced-Vibration at speed 40 mph when parked over 5 hours ibration disappears about 15/20 minutes drive)-Uneven wear (wavy) on the outside treads-CD/Radio on/off intermittent (Fiber Cable replaced) -Purge Valve replaced-AC acting up-hot air out of vent -Whine in low speed (0-20 mph)

Favorite Features

Design at best (exterior)

Suggested Improvements

For a 40+ with options, we should get more reliable/solid buit car. Different brand next time

Perfect
By mb driver

No more to say

Favorite Features

Extremely fun to drive

Happy-Despite the Break DOWN
By MzDoubleR

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Overall the car is nice, I just purchased the vehicle less than a week and it cut off on me, now I do have a loaner, but why should a brand new car cut off especially on the highway. I think actually the new cars are too loaded with the new space age devices, which probably caused my car to cut off. I still love the car though, but I'm hoping I don't go through the horror stories that has been issued pertaining to the other models.

Favorite Features

the sunroof, control buttons on the steering wheel, the wheel size (compared to the smaller cars by other and sleekness

Suggested Improvements

The manual is too much to read in 1 week.

C230 what A car!
By jh007d

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I recently bought C230. And, this is one of the kind. For the price, I actually get more than I paid for.

The all time perfect car.
By c32hammer

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I have found the perfect all around car, its name is C32. Try it you will love it.

2002 MB C230 Sport Coupe
By u0043928

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Great bargain for an entry level Mercedes. Shared the same technology and safety features as C240 & C320 for much less. Solid, stable and agile. The 3-pointed star on the grill set it apart as the sport/performance category than the C-sedans.

Favorite Features

Std. sport suspension and color options that would have costed more for C240 & C320.

Suggested Improvements

Better rear hatch design and visibility.

Double your pleasure
By double your fun

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased two C320's in October 2001. One for myself (sport model) and one for my wife (standard model). We love both of the cars. Previously, I had a 98" C280. The C320 is a major improvement over the C280. No comparison. Fun to drive but mileage is not quite as good as C280 probably due to higher displacement and horsepower in the C320. Switched wheels on my wifes car to E420 sport wheels (17") and car rides exactly like a C320 Sport Model but with a different look.

Favorite Features

MBZ installed a new feature in thier radios for 2001. As you approach a stop, the sound level dimishes. Great if you live in the country. Stupid if you drive the freeways in stop and go traffic every day. Sound goes up then down then up then down. Terrible.

Suggested Improvements

A/C complicated. Center arm rest storage difficult to use when cup holder is also in use. Cup holders are not adequate and a hard stop will spill the upper container.