Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

C-Coupe
By C-Couper

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Excellent vehicle--great value for a MB! It's fun to drive, smooth riding, and fuel efficient. The service plan is top-notch--everything from oil changes, wiper blades, tire rotations/balances, belts, car washes, etc is included. I would definitely recommend the C230 Kompressor to anyone who wants to get into a Benz for ~30K...

panorama sunroof, supercharged engine

seat recliner hard to reach

This is amazing......
By Elliott

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Wow, I NEVER would have thought I would be rolling in a Benz in high school! But hey hey, look at me now! This car is indiscribable, for 17k (yep, that's right!) this thing is like unbelievable. I went shopping with my parents in Jacksonville, FL for my first car. I had my heart set on a 02 or 03 Lexus ES. Well, we decided to look over at the Benz dealer right next to the Lexus dealership and just my look, I found a black Benz C240 sedan just waiting for me. I was in love! I found the car was a left over 02 demo with 10k miles on it. So far the car is the best ever and it sure beats the normal Civic or Corolla by a long shot!

Everything...it's a BENZ! It's mine, and I am only 17! Very reliable and makes me feel very special to drive.

NOTHING!

Pleased, but not ecstatic.
By aftp

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Overall this has been the car I expected. Mercedes level design and support. Several problems including an oil leak have landed mine in the shop several times. Several electrical problems also (headlight assembly, multiple bulbs, window motor).

Interior room, great for a hatchback. Comfortable for average size adults in the back (under 5'9" or so). Plenty of cargo room in the hatch.

Better seat adjuster location on models without power seats, they're hard to reach. Better location for power windows on driver side, also hard to reach.

Poor quality
By teener

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I purchased this car for my daughter to take to college. The intention was to get her a sporty fun car that would have the vaulted Mercedes quality and safety. I was convinced that Mercedes would not fall victum to the dreaded first production year quality issues tha other brands have been plagued by. Unfortunately the car has been a resounding disapointment. In the shop for repairs 7 times in 15 months is rediculous. The fact that the car can not be trusted has forced me to look into replacing it. This is not a car that I would trust with my daughters safety as she travels back and forth to college. I would not recomend this car to anyone.

Not designed for rear seat passengers
By Amy Nicora

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle after being involved in an SUV rollover accident. I purchased the vehicle solely because of the extensive safety features. However, after reading the manual I realized I could be doing more harm than good to my children who sit in the back seat. The manual states that children should not lean against the doors because of the airbages but most children sleep on the raod and they have no where else to rest their heads but on the door. Also, this vehicle has very poor rear leg room for adults as well as children. The rear air conditioner does not produce enough air to cool the rear passangers.

My favorite features of the C240 are the tele-aid service, brake assist system, and ther ear power sun shade.

More front and rear leg room, remove the side rear airbags, make the dimming mirrors an option not standar. I can't stand them. They obstruct my view at night.