2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
new mercedes benz
By f42oc on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Car is fun to drive; service is great. Fun car

Help
By sick/and tired on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I am utterly disappointed with Mercedes Benz. I spend $46K CDN on this car and on average I make a warranty claim every 6000KM. I have had alignment problems that have ruined my tires and now the dealership wants me to pay for new tires due to uneven wear, when they claimed I never had an alignment problem. My key stopped working once, and I change a headlight every month due to alternator problems. My dealership will do nothing for me. I am really going to trade this car in for another brand.

continue from previous Part 2
By ChristineL on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Right before X-mas which was 3 wks right after I got the car, my sunroof stopped working and later found out that I got a deffect one, and it took the Dealer two wks to fix it. Anyways, the front tires kept going flat on me for like the past two months, so I thought maybe I've ran over a nail or some sort so I kept filling it up with air everytime it goes flat and today I took it to a prof. tire shop and they found out that the rim a hole in it! Can you beleive Mercedes sold me a freakin' Lemon??

Not Worth My Money!
By Christine on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I am a former owner of a Toy Solara 00'. Then I did something stupid and trade it in for the C230 because when I 1st test driven it I thought wow what a cool car.I waited 3 mons for my order and finally got the car in Dec of 01, I ended up paying $35k for it. BUT I HAD NOTHING But PROBLEMS WITH THIS CAR!! continue....part 2

small but loaded
By c.chan on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

The car is small on size but even the base model equipment is first rated. Quality is perfect. Unless you are way over 6 feet tall, I don't see a reason to but a bigger Mercedes.

2002 C240 a month old!
By EXT.Warranty? on 03/17/02 00:46 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2002 C240w/C2pkg las month for 32750 otd. Since its only a month of time, I can't tell any defective yet. But I have a feeling that I SHOULD have buy extended warranties from dealer($2400)?

no regrets
By Teddylee on 03/16/02 01:21 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I was set to buy an Acura RSX Type S, and saw that that the C230 was it's competition. Went to see and test drove it, was immediately impessed. It was difficult trying to hide my enthusiam from the salesman. This car is wonderful!!! A lot of standard features that are not available on the RSX. I don't mind the stares while driving or the questions while at the gas pump. My options included the automatic, sunroof and CD changer. This much car for 28k, what a bargain. If you're on the fence...buy one. You won't regret it.

Great all-around car
By Nick Bade on 03/14/02 13:10 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

A little jewel with excellent blend of performance, usefulness and comfort. I owned Integra GSR, went to buy a new Acura RSX. But then I tested the C230, found its performance was similar while it was far quieter and more comfortable at high speeds. Aggressive style with Magna red paint catches looks and praise--while the RSX looks ho hum and outdated. M-B has a winner for people who like quality.

Amazing value
By kennygogo on 03/12/02 14:54 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

It's a lot of car for the money. I'm not just talking about bells and whistles features; there are plenty of those standard but Acura TL/CL probably includes more for the same price. I'm talking about real substance that I never realized I was missing before I drove this car. It's hard to describe, but if this car doesn't blow you away on first drive, it's probably not the right car for you.

Super cool!
By myname on 03/10/02 23:58 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I just bought my car last week and it's awesome!! I really like the handling and all the little features and gizmos (I bought the COMAND system). I handles very well. So far the passenger headrest and the pen holder have broken, oh well... I just hope that the long term quality will be good.