2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
a great value car
By cheche on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

i love it

Great Car!
By Chrystal on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car purchase I have ever made. This car is smooth as silk when you are driving it. It is a great car for the price! You can't do any better.

pleased new owner
By cme4brain on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought a new 2002 C240 and traded in 1998 Volvo S70. Smaller car, not as fast, but as satisfied (I have 800 miles on Merc). No problems yet, build quality seems excellent, have non-Bose stereo and am pleased with it. Handles like a Mercedes whick is to say very solid- doors shut like a bank vault. I like the trip computer (mpg, miles to empty, outside temp, etc.). Overall I am very satisfied and hope that the build quality evident now allows long term ownership.

Love it - but not perfect
By WilliamV on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Overall I love this car. Performance is very good, handling great, interior suprising roomy for the size. More than that, it makes you want to drive it - often and hard. Eats up highway miles, great fun to toss around. The ride is a little stiff. Steering is stiff. Controls are stiff. Not bad, but an adjustment if you're coming from a more pampering car. One serious complaint - more rattles and squeeks from the roof area that I would expect from a Mercedes.

By taxswiz on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Cant get a better value in a vehicle for performance and comfort.

c230
By egregory on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

loving it so far, this car makes my hour long commute tolerable. on had one minor problem with the sunroof, i think i made the right choice for my first car.

Love my C Coupe!
By B on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The car is a great value. Handles well, comfortable seats for normal sized people (e-class seats are for heavier folks) It feels secure and extremely stable like a much larger car.

great car
By zimmer26 on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car is the real deal, and noone was initially more skeptical than me- the only reason I own it now is purely due to my cynical curiosity of what type of car MB could offer for 25k and one drive sold me. I was waiting for the 24 valve vr6 GTI but I fast forgot about it. The C230 provides an excellent mix of ride/handling, quality, utility, value and panache that I found irresistible.

WARNING, I got a lemon(READ THIS)
By adrian cox on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This has been the worst car that I have purchased. I am 24 years old I finally was able to afford a mercedes and look what I got.I have 16 problems with the in 6 months.I had to a lawyer.I only can use 700 characters that is not enough for me to exlpain all of the problems I which I could.Lots engine, fuel problems, and sunshade failures.

What a Car........
By hazzard on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have a brillent silver 2002 that I have had for about a month. I can find nothing wrong with this car, it's far better than the Acura or Jag-Xtype, and quiter than both the 3 & 5 series BMW's. I alreay have 2500 miles on it because it's so much fun to drive/be in.