Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

vibration
By herb

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

my 2002 c230 coupe is comfortable,[to sit in] fast and cool. quiet it is not. but the one thing i find unacceptable is the vibration that i feel from 35-40 mph to 60-65 mh. i feel the vibration in the seat, pedals, gear shift, steering wheel. mercedes has told me that it is normal, but ive heard no one else complaining about it. so am i the only one?

the toys are great.

get rid of the vibrations.

You can't go wrong.
By Conradikal

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I am a police officer specializing in traffic reconstruction. I have seen many crashes involving all kinds of vehicle makes and model. NOTHING impressed me more than a Mercedes Benz. AMG elevated Mercedes to a higher level. Not only can an owner enjoy the safety Mercedes offers, AMG provides the horse power other manufacturers strive to achieve. It has four doors. In my opinion for its price range, it is the best value. Owning one truly gives me the best of both worlds. A car that is built like a tank that can run with Porsches and Corvettes. Not that I do, but knowing I can is good enough. It is a wolf in a sheeps cloak.

My favorate feature is definitely the hand built engine AMG produces. It is truly a work of art. A V6 with the power of a V8. The safety features that is unsurpassed.

I would like to see some of the options available to the E class and S class that is not offered to the C class models. I'm quite sure future models will have a slightly more powerful engine than the current model. Fuel economy is something Mercedes can work on.

Fun fun fun~!
By rib123

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Just got my baby C 1 week ago. Man, once I start the car, I don't want to get out. A lot of power for a small car, and the 2.3L eng. makes beauifull sound...

sun roof... BIG and nicely done. Transmittion... can get pretty agressive. Soild feel. Very supportive and nicely desiged seats.

Noise... especailly from the removeable HB cover. CD player should be standard equ. The seats make noise too, especially in hot day.

Not A Happy Camper
By terry5940

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Back three times for a vibration Between 30 & 60 MPH, & dealer can't correct problem, BAS-ESP warning came on twice. First it was the computer second time it was dirty contacts. Phone had to be replaced approx. 3 months after my car was delivered.

Voice activated phone & audio system, good looking car & good interior, one touch open & close windows & sunroof.

Stupid front cup holder & cruise control stalk. Memory mirrors lose memory.

it's a Chrysler
By flipside

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

repairs so far - differential whine - replaced p Gears; rear seals leaked - replaced; 4 new shocks; OE Micehelin sports dead after 9000 miles; replaced computer; replaced CD; replaced cupholder. Interior squeaks and rattles will drive you nuts. Engine is crudely loud and exhaust note is tinny. Gear shift is notchy. However - handles very well, has good power and gets great gas mileage. My first and likely last MB.

Handling, power, mileage, warranty.

refinements to engine, improve overall build quality, retune exhaust, stop using Michelin tires, go to Japan and learn how to build a shift linkage.