2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
new mercedes benz
By f42oc on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Car is fun to drive; service is great. Fun car

Help
By sick/and tired on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I am utterly disappointed with Mercedes Benz. I spend $46K CDN on this car and on average I make a warranty claim every 6000KM. I have had alignment problems that have ruined my tires and now the dealership wants me to pay for new tires due to uneven wear, when they claimed I never had an alignment problem. My key stopped working once, and I change a headlight every month due to alternator problems. My dealership will do nothing for me. I am really going to trade this car in for another brand.

small but loaded
By c.chan on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

The car is small on size but even the base model equipment is first rated. Quality is perfect. Unless you are way over 6 feet tall, I don't see a reason to but a bigger Mercedes.

2002 C240 a month old!
By EXT.Warranty? on 03/17/02 00:46 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2002 C240w/C2pkg las month for 32750 otd. Since its only a month of time, I can't tell any defective yet. But I have a feeling that I SHOULD have buy extended warranties from dealer($2400)?

could be a great automobile
By SAM on 03/09/02 16:55 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

multiple problems with remotes,three attemps to repair, problems with ESP,rear window defroster,whine in rear axle on acc at 60mph,with FM radio on and rear def activated sound quality diminished, Great handling, great style, build quality average to below for Mercedes Benz.

mercedes-benz C240
By max neseconti on 03/08/02 22:15 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have c240 5-speed auto, I enjoy driving the car because the engine is so smooth and the handling is excellent.

Buy a "C"
By FiFi on 03/08/02 11:42 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

6 speed is great. Lot's of performance. Get's 29 to 30 on trip 18 in city.

Surperb Benz!
By Beachboy on 03/04/02 13:55 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love my C-Class! It's fun to drive and feels/looks like a shrunken S-Class. It is first-class luxury at a great price. I really enjoy the touch-shift feature. Mercedes-Benz has a hit with this one. It tops the Lexus ES-300 that I used to own (the new ES-300 looks too much like a cheap Camry or Maxima).

so far so good....
By carbuff on 03/02/02 15:46 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

so far this car c320 has preform very well...i like how the car feels and handles and the looks of the car...i have read that mb has had trouble with transmission problems and electrial problems..i have a 2002 and so far no problems to speak about...hope it does continue...i have bought four lexus in the past and wanted to see how well mb is to compare...the jury is still out and waiting..to early to tell.....

Can I get heat with that
By BRP on 03/02/02 14:17 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up our new C240 8hrs after arrival at dealer Thurs. Wasn't ready as promised. Heater wouldn't work. Called at 10am next day as instructed. Car ready. Arrive 12:30pm and pick up car. Minutes away from dealership, turn heater on full blast. Thirty minutes later arrive at my office and cold air still flowing. Therefore, can assume one of two things: dealer never fixed heater; dealer fixed heater and it broke a second time before driven off the dealer's lot. Lemon?