Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Disappointed
By HB1187

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased this car for my wife to drive, hoping for fun luxury with MB quality. The car looks great and is fun to drive, but we have been very disappointed in quality. It is been in the shop several times and we have already replaced the instrument panel, alternator, and two tires. I bought a Ford Explorer one week before and I have had no problems. Overall, I have had more problems with this MB than any car I have ever owned.

Smooth and sporty
By PhilK

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A great vehicle in all aspects. Silky V6 engine provides good acceleration and excellent passing power, especially with the TouchShift transmission. Sporty styling almost makes you forget it's a sedan, back seat is good for two people with decent leg room. Trunk swollows 2 or 3 regular size suitcases but not much more.

Favorite Features

TouchShift manumatic, spirited but civilized 215hp V6, top notch build quality, 10 speaker Bose sound system

Suggested Improvements

More storage in the cabin, center console is only an inch or so deep, factory 6-CD changer and owner's manual folder take up the whole glovebox. 1 more valve per cylender on the V6 would step up performance to contend with Audi A6 and BMW 530.

Not A Happy Camper
By terry5940

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Back three times for a vibration Between 30 & 60 MPH, & dealer can't correct problem, BAS-ESP warning came on twice. First it was the computer second time it was dirty contacts. Phone had to be replaced approx. 3 months after my car was delivered.

Favorite Features

Voice activated phone & audio system, good looking car & good interior, one touch open & close windows & sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Stupid front cup holder & cruise control stalk. Memory mirrors lose memory.

Mercedes 320
By Fineman

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Well designed and confortable to drive. Good handling with smooth highway ride. Excellent climate control system. Reasonably gutsy engine.

Favorite Features

Ride, A/C works great in +100 degrees. Interior design. Rear A/C vents. Trip and maintenance computer.

Suggested Improvements

Window seals come off or tear. Memory system doesn't always work properly.

This is amazing......
By Elliott

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Wow, I NEVER would have thought I would be rolling in a Benz in high school! But hey hey, look at me now! This car is indiscribable, for 17k (yep, that's right!) this thing is like unbelievable. I went shopping with my parents in Jacksonville, FL for my first car. I had my heart set on a 02 or 03 Lexus ES. Well, we decided to look over at the Benz dealer right next to the Lexus dealership and just my look, I found a black Benz C240 sedan just waiting for me. I was in love! I found the car was a left over 02 demo with 10k miles on it. So far the car is the best ever and it sure beats the normal Civic or Corolla by a long shot!

Favorite Features

Everything...it's a BENZ! It's mine, and I am only 17! Very reliable and makes me feel very special to drive.

Suggested Improvements

NOTHING!