2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
NICE CAR
By LILY on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

COMFORTABLE CAR AND I LOVE IT.

Good, but...
By Phil Sabah on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I got my 2002 C240 3 months ago, brand new from the dealer. I like the looks of it. when i went to pick it up, i noticed a malfunction msg on the board (Rear lamp), was a loose wire. Few weeks later, i had a tape stuck in the cassette, and took it back to the dealer. Now, three months later, i have 2200 miles on it, and drives good. Yestrday I noticed the left window button lost its one-touch charm, so i need to take it back..i also had 3 occurances where i hear a loud whistle when i start the car in the morning...the dealer couldn't pin-point the problem.

GREAT CAR
By MERCEDES on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I LOVE THE CAR, VERY NICE BODY AND COMPUTER SYSTEMS.

Not like they used to be
By benz gal on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I just purchased a C240, 4 door sedan, after much research on edmunds and other consumer websites, comparing the BMW 325I and Audi A4 quatro. I consider my self very loyal to Mercedes- - this is my 3rd one. However, the day after I took delivery on my new C240, the instrument panel indicated that my engine was overheating. Only 4 days of ownership, Mercedes had to replace the cooling system fan unit! We'll see whether this solves the problem. However, now I'm noticing that my fog lights are not working properly. Needing to bring a new car into the service department is really a bummer, not to mention a waste of time! Mercedes quality seems to have deteriorated over the years.

poor build quality
By wc on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought I could write a review after only putting less than 2000 miles on my brand new 2002 C320. I guess I was simply one of the most unfortunate MB owners(but fortunate enough to be able sit here and write this review). In the past 3 weeks, I had two very scary experiences. The car engine suddenly died on the freeway in two separate incidents. There was no warning nor malfunction code. The car had been in two separate dealers. Numerous parts had been replaced. As of today, I am still not convinced that the problem is 100% solved.

By c320happy on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. Couldn't be happier. Only gripe is the digital instument panel menu. Took awhile to master... a bit confusing. But the car is powerful, quiet, and fun to drive.

Great Car!
By Chrystal on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car purchase I have ever made. This car is smooth as silk when you are driving it. It is a great car for the price! You can't do any better.

What a Turkey....
By SP on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car looks lovely, but is an absolute piece of junk. First, the purge valve was so noisy that it could be heard above the stereo. It took 4 visits to 2 dealerships to get it fixed. The ABS has failed twice in the past 3 weeks, and just today, the climate control system as well as the automatic mirror adjustments have stopped working. The car, as well as MB service are stuff that nightmares are made of.

pleased new owner
By cme4brain on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought a new 2002 C240 and traded in 1998 Volvo S70. Smaller car, not as fast, but as satisfied (I have 800 miles on Merc). No problems yet, build quality seems excellent, have non-Bose stereo and am pleased with it. Handles like a Mercedes whick is to say very solid- doors shut like a bank vault. I like the trip computer (mpg, miles to empty, outside temp, etc.). Overall I am very satisfied and hope that the build quality evident now allows long term ownership.

By taxswiz on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Cant get a better value in a vehicle for performance and comfort.