2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

C320 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (18 reviews )
Finally gone!
By Vehiclist on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C320 4dr Sport Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car was bought from a Cadillac dealership - it had been traded for a Cadillac. That should have been our first clue. Though fun to drive, at times, the car is extremely unreliable, falling apart around us, very expensive to repair, and one of the most uncomfortable luxury or near luxury vehicles I have ever driven. The C class is the epitome of over engineering, poor quality build, and a manufacturer currently resting on a mythical reputation. This was our families second and last Mercedes. We just traded it (for a pittance) on a Lincoln MKZ. It might not be German and for that, we are truly grateful. Perhaps the only thing to miss is the sound the MB door makes when closing.

Still love it
By PFWEINTRAUB on 12/31/09 16:20 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C320 4dr Sport Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought on ebay and got a good deal. Was not pristine but overall good. I upgraded tires to Michelin Hydroedge, changed plugs at 100,000 miles and use Mobil One. Car is still tight, fast, solid, fun. Looks good and gets up to 27 mpg highway. Wish I could buy a new one but they do not export C body wagon to USA any more. Big shame! Much rather have a solid used Benz than a new something less. Take care of them and they take care of you.

Love this car
By pfweintraub on 08/16/09 17:20 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C320 4dr Sport Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my C320 wagon on Ebay and it is one of the best cars I've ever owned (and I've had about 30). No problems ever, gas mileage never goes below 20 and even on short trips goes over 25-26mpg. I put Michelin hi end tires on and it corners on rails even on wet pavement. Use premium gas, use Mobil 1, change oil every 5k miles and it will run forever. It was not a cream puff when I got it either.

C320 Rating
By Davis on 11/23/07 12:17 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C320 4dr Sport Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I am dissapointed with the quality of the C320 overall. For example, the driver and passenger seat control module failed resulting in an out of warranty cost of $827.00. The valve cover gaskets need replacing at 55K miles. The driver's window switch needs replacing. The thrust arm bushing is cracked. The driver's grab handle needs to be replaced. This car is driven by my wife and only has 55K miles. In fact, last year we only put about 5K miles on the car. We have had 2 other Benz and this may be the last one we own. The quality lacks a lot to be desired from what we experience in our other 2 Mercedes Benz.

Great Used Car Value
By Tom Steele on 06/16/05 12:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C320 4dr Sport Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We picked up an '02 in April of '05 with less than 25K miles on it. We had looked at a newer C240 wagon, but found the power a little lacking compared to the 320. I think the C-class looks better in the wagon configuration than the sedan. MB discontinued the 320 wagon for '05, but continued with the 240 wagon.

Great Car
By Steven Schwartz on 05/17/05 00:06 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C320 4dr Sport Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned this car over three years. It still turns heads. Great acceleration and mileage. Comfortable. Well built. Had a few minor problems, fixed by dealer on first visit. A/C controls could use an updating to a simpler system.

Average
By Dave Kim on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C320 4dr Sport Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Good power. Good pickup. Great on the freeway. Very sporty looking and comfortable. May be too many unecessary features. However, car vibrates at 40 miles an hour. The dealer could not find any problems.

MB Wagon
By anguslost on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C320 4dr Sport Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had very little trouble with this automobile. I have found the climate controls to be unnecessarily confusing. What little problems I have had have been due to electrical difficulties. It is a fun, responsive car to drive and does not tire one out on trips. I would certainly look at another one, when I decide to trade cars

C320 Wagon
By FAH on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C320 4dr Sport Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been a nice treat to drive and own. It pampers and cossets you with all it's gadgetry and convenience features. Drop your foot on the gas and the propulsion is downright amazing, if ESP does not intrude on your launch. The back seat has been a sore spot among friends - smaller than a 300TE by quite a bit. The engine seems more responsive than in our CLK 320, although it's the same engine.

Solid Performance
By TD199 on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C320 4dr Sport Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2002 C320 Wagon off of Ebay. The car has a solid; heavy ride with great performance. Sports Car performance with sedan ride is the best way to describe. Bose Sound is awesome along with being a very tight, quiet automobile.