2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
I LOVE this car!
By conniej1954 on 06/14/12 19:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2002 Mercedes c320 4 door sedan in December 2011 with only 68,000 miles on it. I also bought a warrranty. I have had it in the shop a few times but only to get the scheduled maintanance done that the previous owner did not do. A lot of the things were actually covered under my warranty. I love the Tulsa, Okla Mercedes dealership, Jackie Cooper Imports. They are top of the line for the way they treat customers and do the car repairs, etc. I love my car! I am 57 years old and have never had a car that I have enjoyed more in my life.

I love My MB
By Ryan on 02/09/10 14:18 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A great car but got some bad stuff Engine is powerful and awesome especially when you reaches 65 70 miles/ hour you'll be flouting on air! its cool classy car you would enjoy it if you can spend 1000$ each month on it because of the Very expensive original parts it got very good mileage on the highways it can exceed 250km/20L ( like 30mpg) on long rides . in the city it may range between 13 to 17L/100km top I face some Air Mass sensor troubles it AC compressor is went down when i spilled a drink inside the AC Oil change each 3000 km for like 50 60$ top .

Best Looking Wagon
By NC Chris on 05/27/06 04:41 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased used for $20K with 22K miles. Has Command system with Nav & Cell phone. Probably best looking wagon on the road. Firm but compliant ride. Handles well and stops on a dime. Averaging about 20 mpg in mixed driving. No squeaks or rattles. Very good build quality although some interior trim pieces could have been of better material. Command system a bit complex but not bad after you become familiar with it. Steering is a bit heavy a slow speeds.

Vastly overrated
By mbnot4me on 07/24/05 18:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Having operated a C320 for three years, I now see why MB has become an “average” car in the ratings. It has been one small thing after another, and a couple not so small. After spending $750 for four new tires that did not solve a constant vibration, someone cared enough to see what was actually wrong and found out the car had a warped drive shaft at 18,000 miles. Of course, nothing was said about the tires. This is my fourth and last one (unless my wife changes my mind).

Heck of a Mercedes
By ChuckA on 07/12/05 16:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 2 BMWs in the past, and I find that the MB is more comfortable and rides nicer. It will not handle as well as a BMW, but you get comfort and style in place of handling in hard corners. I enjoy this car greatly and love the way people look at me while I drive.

New but Used
By Kenw on 05/27/05 18:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car about six months ago and it had 35,000 miles on it. I had no intention of buying a Mercedes but when I drove it I fell in love. So far it hasn't let me down. It has been flawless and I absolutely love driving it. If you aren't certain you want to buy one, don't drive one. It will suck you in! I worry about the long term reliability when the warranty runs out. I understand if anything does go wrong it is very expensive to fix.

Even better than my 1982 240D(220K)!
By a. macree on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Dead solid perfect automobile. Five- speed auto "bat" R/L instant downshift- upshift. Man, my brake-pads are gonna last 50K mi. at this rate. Getting consistently 20-21mpg in-town, or with the occasional Houston trip, upwards of 26mpg. Only two problems in 32 mos.(Both warranty--no cost): 1. Replacement horn. 2. New left front turn-signal lamp.

Another jewl from Stuttgart
By BMW Slayer on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Hands down the best car I've ever owned. Solid build quality and breath taking performance. The acceleration and tight handling allow you to jump in and out of traffic with ease. The cabin is comfortable and functional, though it could do with some more usable storage up front. The only unscheduled maintenance has bee a recurring problem with the lighting system causing it to burn out bulbs about every six months. Fortunatly the vehicle has auxillary lamps that function in place of the main ones when they fail, so the car remians safe to drive until it can be serviced.

Not worth it, Just buy a Honda.
By AWS on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The electrical system in this car is sad. It has been in for service 8 times in 2 years. This includes 4 fan motors for AC, new control panel for AC,computer control panel x2, the dashboard display and 2 alternators. The door handle fell off and the glove box broke probably from the numerous times the dashboard was removed. Having driven a minivan (96000 miles), and 2 GM conversions vans-the last for 8 years and 95,000 miles I thought I would upgrade to a quality vehicle. Sadly, I was disappointed. I was planning on giving this car to my teenage daughter because of the safety features and her deep love for the handling, but it is simply too unreliable.

MB Does it again!
By OKBenzo on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Benzo, and will certainly not be my last! I have had the most pleasant experiences of my life since becoming a Benz owner, now 5 years ago. The customer service (when you need it) is impeccable, the design, reliability and safety of these cars is second to none. I have owned Volvos, BMWs, Lexs, Mazda (Although the RX8 is SICK!, MUST have one of those soon!)and drove the X series Jag (sad!), but Benz has my heart and my loyalty as a life-long customer! It's not just the car either, the MB Dealership in OKC is a class act, Superior Professionals that take care of their customers!!!