Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Horrible car
By Alex

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car with 160k miles on it in 2013 and was I though that the car should last really long with no problems. But unfortunately, it was nothing than nightmare. I diagnosed the car before buying and everything was fine.
My first mechanical problem occurred after 2.5 months - automatic door went out, I payed 400$ to fix it. After a week rear window automatic sunshade went off as well, I decided to leave it as is, since it too expensive to repair. In 3 more months alternator and battery died. In 3 more months blow motor problems started to take place, hot air only and wasn't able to turn air conditioner off until shut off the car, so I replaced blow motor, but after 2 weeks climate control panel stopped working. After some period of time the car just stalled on the road, the car was towed and crankshaft sensor was dead. In 1 month water pump started to jamming and the car stalled couple of time again. In addition, rust started to occur all over the car and it the car looked horrible, just horrible. Transmission problems took place as well, sometimes it was shifted strange and it stocked on the same gear two times, so I pulled out the car and restarted the engine. So, after I spend 3000$ on repairs I decided to sell it.
Even though I paid a little more than 4k when I bought it, maximum I got is 2.5K. It was such a relief to rid off from this car.

The only con was that the car was extremely fast and fund to drive, but it can not compensate all mechanical issues.

She's been great for us!
By cch204

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased car with 25,000. It's been a great car! Only true "Failings" have been the door arm rests, ($50 each) power seat brains (Both have electrical shorts, $500 each) and the rear sun shade. ($1,000 fix)

Car get's between 25 & 30 mpg on the freeway. Just keep at a good speed.

Car took us to Mexico (5 years) for a job and did great! Very safe and satisfying.

HAS NEVER left us stranded. EVER.

Normal servicing, about every six months for oil changes and add a quart of oil about every three months or so.

She needed struts at 115k and changed the plugs and wires at 125k. She still purrs like a kitten!

MPG for a small car with a rocket of a motor. Feel very safe driving her. Came out of a 1987 300TD and this baby is great!

It's just kind of hard to get in and out of. I'm 6'2. That is difficult. Can't change that. When we were getting one of the cars service, and had a 2014 C as a loaner. It felt even smaller then ours.

I LOVE this car!
By conniej1954

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2002 Mercedes c320 4 door sedan in December 2011 with only 68,000 miles on it.
I also bought a warrranty.
I have had it in the shop a few times but only to get the scheduled maintanance done that the previous owner did not do.
A lot of the things were actually covered under my warranty.
I love the Tulsa, Okla Mercedes dealership, Jackie Cooper Imports. They are top of the line for the way they treat customers and do the car repairs, etc.
I love my car!
I am 57 years old and have never had a car that I have enjoyed more in my life.

One thing that impressed me was that the 2012 Mercedes are very similar to the 2002 models in the body style and interior, except for the dash. The 2012 dash models are very different, but the seats, trim, center console, etc are very similar. I have had a 2012 loaner that was the same color as my car and and people did not know that it was not my car. I love everything about my car from the body style, leather seats, sun roof, the way it runs, the CD player,trim, etc. If anything goes wrong with the car a warning light comes on and you are told what the problem is. My car insurance is very cheap b/c of the car's quality & reliability.

The only complaint that I have about my car is that you almost have to be a computer genius to figure out some of the controls. The book for my car is very lengthy..I think there are around 20 pages that just tell you what the faub can actually do. Get the picture?

I love My MB
By Ryan

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A great car but got some bad stuff Engine is powerful and awesome especially when you reaches 65 70 miles/ hour you'll be flouting on air! its cool classy car you would enjoy it if you can spend 1000$ each month on it because of the Very expensive original parts it got very good mileage on the highways it can exceed 250km/20L ( like 30mpg) on long rides . in the city it may range between 13 to 17L/100km top I face some Air Mass sensor troubles it AC compressor is went down when i spilled a drink inside the AC Oil change each 3000 km for like 50 60$ top .

I love the sunroof Cool engine Bose sound system interior / easy to reach buttons leather

better fuel consumption navigation screen should be included in all MB

Best Looking Wagon
By NC Chris

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased used for $20K with 22K miles. Has Command system with Nav & Cell phone. Probably best looking wagon on the road. Firm but compliant ride. Handles well and stops on a dime. Averaging about 20 mpg in mixed driving. No squeaks or rattles. Very good build quality although some interior trim pieces could have been of better material. Command system a bit complex but not bad after you become familiar with it. Steering is a bit heavy a slow speeds.

Great looks and performance. Decent storage capacity and MPG for a small wagon. Bose system is fine and voice activated hands free phone is terrific.

Seats bottoms are typical for MB - firm. Nav system is adequate but archaic compared to any more contemporary Japanese product. Requires premium gas. Switched tires from Goodyear RSA to Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads and improved ride, reduced tire noise.