2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
I LOVE this car!
By conniej1954 on 06/14/12 19:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2002 Mercedes c320 4 door sedan in December 2011 with only 68,000 miles on it. I also bought a warrranty. I have had it in the shop a few times but only to get the scheduled maintanance done that the previous owner did not do. A lot of the things were actually covered under my warranty. I love the Tulsa, Okla Mercedes dealership, Jackie Cooper Imports. They are top of the line for the way they treat customers and do the car repairs, etc. I love my car! I am 57 years old and have never had a car that I have enjoyed more in my life.

Really good car
By ildd on 05/05/12 23:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Well, 1st let me say that I am 17 and this was my 1st car. We've had it since 2004, it has 56k miles on it, and we have never had a SINGLE problem(knocks on the beautiful wood inside the car). I like alot of the things about the car, but if your 6'1 it can be a little challenging getting in and out comfortably. It rides nice, it looks great with a couple minor upgrades(tinted windows, non-stock M-B rims) and it handles very well. The only thing I don't like about it is, of course, the engine and how it works. I've driven 6 other cars and this is the slowest in 1st/2nd gear, but it flies once you hit 3rd. It also doesn't help taking premium gas, while getting 16 MPG. Gotta love it. It's a MB.

2002 C230 Kompressor /Coupe
By johnny3691 on 01/23/12 06:49 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Do not buy a 2002 C230 Kompressor, I bought it new in Mid-2001 and now have 155k. The following work are being done now and some work were done last year: Cost around $3000.00 Front Suspension shock absorbers Front Right sway Bar link Adjust wheel bearings Left and right torque struts left lower ball joint Sway Bar Front Brake Pads and Rotors Maintenance average $2000.00-$2500.00 in 2008-2009. Right lower ball joints/Arms. The engine lights problem was very expensive to fix. I spent $2500.00 for check engine light problems and the problem only went away for about 1 week. The dealer simply told me to pay more money to replace more parts. I finally gave up on the engine light.

I can't even Lie about it..
By Mike in VA on 07/22/10 15:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

To be perfectly honest I was going to leave an excellent review, Why? Because I need to get rid of this absolute failure of a car! But I thought and came to the conclusion: I can't even lie about this piece of junk, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. I bought it used in 04 with 22K, still under warranty, within 2 months the transmission went out, they replaced free with a new one, not too bad right? WRONG! then (no warranty) due to the tranny problem (or visa versa) the torque converter and radiator went bad: $3500 2 catalepsy converters: $1100 ea 2 alternators: $1000ea 2 mass airflow intakes: $900ea 5 SETS OF TIRES AND 4 BREAK JOBS (with rotors), they don't give us enough room to list all failures

REPEATED COSTLY REPAIRS - NIGHTMARE
By WARRENFDS on 04/26/10 09:01 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

expensive repairs. seat electronics cost $4000. remote key did not work, omni bar changed $1000. Spark plug wires defective recommeded fix $1500. Defective Lower front control arms fix $750. These are not routine maintenance issues but defective manufacturing which I do not expect on a $40,000 german car. Pls do not buy Mercedese if they are not able to guarantee defective products in their vehicles.

Very satisfied
By Jean-Michel on 04/04/10 11:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this 2002 c-240 in October 2009 with only 62,000 Km. 6 months later, the odometer is 82,000 Km and never had any problems with this car. I maintain my car with synthetic oil.

I love My MB
By Ryan on 02/09/10 14:18 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A great car but got some bad stuff Engine is powerful and awesome especially when you reaches 65 70 miles/ hour you'll be flouting on air! its cool classy car you would enjoy it if you can spend 1000$ each month on it because of the Very expensive original parts it got very good mileage on the highways it can exceed 250km/20L ( like 30mpg) on long rides . in the city it may range between 13 to 17L/100km top I face some Air Mass sensor troubles it AC compressor is went down when i spilled a drink inside the AC Oil change each 3000 km for like 50 60$ top .

Do not buy used or new
By Jake on 01/08/10 21:45 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a pre-owened, certified from a reputable Mercedes Benz dealership. Cup holder didn't last. Did the maintenance as suggested, needed tires in a couple of years and brakes. Then the srs light came on $1200 ti fix. 4 years into ownership the key would not turn so had to be towed. Found out it was the battery, but only after had to pay for a diagnostic test. Noises all in the shocks. 5 years into ownership the key turn all the way with no ignition, tried a new key at $200. Still having this problem periodically, next step is to change a chip at $1200 after a diagnostic test. $$$ I can go on and on, but not enough room here. Next car will definitely not be a Benz. Buyers be ware.

Love it "of course"
By of course on 08/11/09 12:25 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my 240,the way it handles,and the comfort of course I never have to sit in the back seat but for the dollar spent and the reliability you cannot beat this car and hwy mileage best yet 28.9 mpg and that is not doing 55.

Most Unreliable Care I Ever Owned
By Jim on 08/09/09 11:20 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the car with 12,000 miles. Always wanted to stall at stop signs. Took 2 years for them to find out what was wrong. Replaced fuel pumps on good will since warranty expired. New pumps whined and they would not replace them again. Coil spring broke, power steering pump went bad. Crankshaft position sensor bad. Rust bucket - car started rusting after two years. Front end noise. Traded it in cause I was tired of all the problems. Rode great but very expensive to own. Poor mechanical quality. Worst car I ever owned.