Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

She's been great for us!
By cch204

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased car with 25,000. It's been a great car! Only true "Failings" have been the door arm rests, ($50 each) power seat brains (Both have electrical shorts, $500 each) and the rear sun shade. ($1,000 fix) Car get's between 25 & 30 mpg on the freeway. Just keep at a good speed. Car took us to Mexico (5 years) for a job and did great! Very safe and satisfying. HAS NEVER left us stranded. EVER. Normal servicing, about every six months for oil changes and add a quart of oil about every three months or so. She needed struts at 115k and changed the plugs and wires at 125k. She still purrs like a kitten!

Favorite Features

MPG for a small car with a rocket of a motor. Feel very safe driving her. Came out of a 1987 300TD and this baby is great!

Suggested Improvements

It's just kind of hard to get in and out of. I'm 6'2. That is difficult. Can't change that. When we were getting one of the cars service, and had a 2014 C as a loaner. It felt even smaller then ours.

I LOVE this car!
By conniej1954

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2002 Mercedes c320 4 door sedan in December 2011 with only 68,000 miles on it. I also bought a warrranty. I have had it in the shop a few times but only to get the scheduled maintanance done that the previous owner did not do. A lot of the things were actually covered under my warranty. I love the Tulsa, Okla Mercedes dealership, Jackie Cooper Imports. They are top of the line for the way they treat customers and do the car repairs, etc. I love my car! I am 57 years old and have never had a car that I have enjoyed more in my life.

Favorite Features

One thing that impressed me was that the 2012 Mercedes are very similar to the 2002 models in the body style and interior, except for the dash. The 2012 dash models are very different, but the seats, trim, center console, etc are very similar. I have had a 2012 loaner that was the same color as my car and and people did not know that it was not my car. I love everything about my car from the body style, leather seats, sun roof, the way it runs, the CD player,trim, etc. If anything goes wrong with the car a warning light comes on and you are told what the problem is. My car insurance is very cheap b/c of the car's quality & reliability.

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint that I have about my car is that you almost have to be a computer genius to figure out some of the controls. The book for my car is very lengthy..I think there are around 20 pages that just tell you what the faub can actually do. Get the picture?

I love My MB
By Ryan

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A great car but got some bad stuff Engine is powerful and awesome especially when you reaches 65 70 miles/ hour you'll be flouting on air! its cool classy car you would enjoy it if you can spend 1000$ each month on it because of the Very expensive original parts it got very good mileage on the highways it can exceed 250km/20L ( like 30mpg) on long rides . in the city it may range between 13 to 17L/100km top I face some Air Mass sensor troubles it AC compressor is went down when i spilled a drink inside the AC Oil change each 3000 km for like 50 60$ top .

Favorite Features

I love the sunroof Cool engine Bose sound system interior / easy to reach buttons leather

Suggested Improvements

better fuel consumption navigation screen should be included in all MB

Best Looking Wagon
By NC Chris

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased used for $20K with 22K miles. Has Command system with Nav & Cell phone. Probably best looking wagon on the road. Firm but compliant ride. Handles well and stops on a dime. Averaging about 20 mpg in mixed driving. No squeaks or rattles. Very good build quality although some interior trim pieces could have been of better material. Command system a bit complex but not bad after you become familiar with it. Steering is a bit heavy a slow speeds.

Favorite Features

Great looks and performance. Decent storage capacity and MPG for a small wagon. Bose system is fine and voice activated hands free phone is terrific.

Suggested Improvements

Seats bottoms are typical for MB - firm. Nav system is adequate but archaic compared to any more contemporary Japanese product. Requires premium gas. Switched tires from Goodyear RSA to Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads and improved ride, reduced tire noise.

Vastly overrated
By mbnot4me

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Having operated a C320 for three years, I now see why MB has become an “average” car in the ratings. It has been one small thing after another, and a couple not so small. After spending $750 for four new tires that did not solve a constant vibration, someone cared enough to see what was actually wrong and found out the car had a warped drive shaft at 18,000 miles. Of course, nothing was said about the tires. This is my fourth and last one (unless my wife changes my mind).

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Get a cup holder that does not rattle and a trunk lid that goes all the way up and does not fall on your head