Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

She's been great for us!
By cch204

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased car with 25,000. It's been a great car! Only true "Failings" have been the door arm rests, ($50 each) power seat brains (Both have electrical shorts, $500 each) and the rear sun shade. ($1,000 fix) Car get's between 25 & 30 mpg on the freeway. Just keep at a good speed. Car took us to Mexico (5 years) for a job and did great! Very safe and satisfying. HAS NEVER left us stranded. EVER. Normal servicing, about every six months for oil changes and add a quart of oil about every three months or so. She needed struts at 115k and changed the plugs and wires at 125k. She still purrs like a kitten!

Favorite Features

MPG for a small car with a rocket of a motor. Feel very safe driving her. Came out of a 1987 300TD and this baby is great!

Suggested Improvements

It's just kind of hard to get in and out of. I'm 6'2. That is difficult. Can't change that. When we were getting one of the cars service, and had a 2014 C as a loaner. It felt even smaller then ours.

I LOVE this car!
By conniej1954

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2002 Mercedes c320 4 door sedan in December 2011 with only 68,000 miles on it. I also bought a warrranty. I have had it in the shop a few times but only to get the scheduled maintanance done that the previous owner did not do. A lot of the things were actually covered under my warranty. I love the Tulsa, Okla Mercedes dealership, Jackie Cooper Imports. They are top of the line for the way they treat customers and do the car repairs, etc. I love my car! I am 57 years old and have never had a car that I have enjoyed more in my life.

Favorite Features

One thing that impressed me was that the 2012 Mercedes are very similar to the 2002 models in the body style and interior, except for the dash. The 2012 dash models are very different, but the seats, trim, center console, etc are very similar. I have had a 2012 loaner that was the same color as my car and and people did not know that it was not my car. I love everything about my car from the body style, leather seats, sun roof, the way it runs, the CD player,trim, etc. If anything goes wrong with the car a warning light comes on and you are told what the problem is. My car insurance is very cheap b/c of the car's quality & reliability.

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint that I have about my car is that you almost have to be a computer genius to figure out some of the controls. The book for my car is very lengthy..I think there are around 20 pages that just tell you what the faub can actually do. Get the picture?

Really good car
By ildd

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Well, 1st let me say that I am 17 and this was my 1st car. We've had it since 2004, it has 56k miles on it, and we have never had a SINGLE problem(knocks on the beautiful wood inside the car). I like alot of the things about the car, but if your 6'1 it can be a little challenging getting in and out comfortably. It rides nice, it looks great with a couple minor upgrades(tinted windows, non-stock M-B rims) and it handles very well. The only thing I don't like about it is, of course, the engine and how it works. I've driven 6 other cars and this is the slowest in 1st/2nd gear, but it flies once you hit 3rd. It also doesn't help taking premium gas, while getting 16 MPG. Gotta love it. It's a MB.

Favorite Features

Rides nice, very comfortable once you get in it, handles very smoothly, a lot of features other cars don't have, even now.

Suggested Improvements

Better Headlights, sometimes if you press brakes too hard it gives an awful smell, better fuel economy for premium gas.

2002 C230 Kompressor /Coupe
By johnny3691

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Do not buy a 2002 C230 Kompressor, I bought it new in Mid-2001 and now have 155k. The following work are being done now and some work were done last year: Cost around $3000.00 Front Suspension shock absorbers Front Right sway Bar link Adjust wheel bearings Left and right torque struts left lower ball joint Sway Bar Front Brake Pads and Rotors Maintenance average $2000.00-$2500.00 in 2008-2009. Right lower ball joints/Arms. The engine lights problem was very expensive to fix. I spent $2500.00 for check engine light problems and the problem only went away for about 1 week. The dealer simply told me to pay more money to replace more parts. I finally gave up on the engine light.

Favorite Features

Performence, fast.

Suggested Improvements

Build better quality parts

Great Entry Benz!!!!
By Anonymous

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I bought a c230 Kompressor Coupe in may 2008 with only 65,000 for less then 8,000. Great deal on a great car. The car handles, accelerates, and stops flawlessly. I hit a deer going 75 and came out with just a dent.Had i been in a Honda or something of less quality guarantee the car would be totaled and myself injured. I got the car fixed and has been awesome and reliable. Maintenance is high- find a loyal cheap foreign repair shops with ex Mercedes Benz mechanics. worth the savings.

Favorite Features

fast, comfortable, never get tired of driving it.

Suggested Improvements

Cheaper maintenance, better interior materials( real wood would have been nicer then cheap carbon fiber crap) not to mention kept the Mercedes image.