2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Fun to drive, when not in the

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Review

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

Fun to drive, when not in the shop
By TimL on

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I preordered the car in Dec. 2000. The car is wonderful to drive. It's comfortable, fast, and sporty enough to whip through the corners. Yes, the car could use some more power for my tastes, but it has plenty for normal use. The car gets good gas mileage considering engine size/weight. Main problem is quality. The car is being fixed every 2-3 months. Engine, transmission, electronics, brakes, AC, radio, CD changer, paint flaking off and lights. The dealer has been very receptive and everything has been fixed for free, but I am tired of the problems. My warranty is running out and I think I am going to sell it. If you are looking to buy a used MB avoid this model like the plague.

Comfortable car and with just enough sporty-ness to make driving it fun. But all of this is not worth the trouble. The car frequently gets 27/28 mpg on the highway. With some good snow tires, the car is great in winter weather.

QUALITY, QUALITY, QUALITY! I don't think I will ever buy another MB again. I wanted to eventually upgrade to the E-Class AMG, but now am looking at the BMW M-5. I am repulsed by the problems I've had with the car.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review