2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Baby Benz with S-Class features
By Mcync on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Great car I've ever owned. Quiet, reasonable power, good mileage, excellent handling, excellent brakes, and classy.

C230 & C240
By delbell49 on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

On the whole my c240 is an exceptional ride in comparison to its predecessor the c230. The New C has a tighter suspention, better acceleration, and traction controll which helps a great deal in the rain and snow.I have put about 10,000 miles on my c240 and have experienced no problems.

Excellent so far
By giles.morris@unisys. on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent value (1 year old 11000 miles). Pleasant drive, quiet, firm comfortable ride. Handles well, but a tad heavy. Tried C240 stick: sluggish and trans inferior to '87 Golf. Auto- trans excellent. Many controls weird but some just fine (seat adjusters impossible to misunderstand). Seats almost as good as Volvo (high praise!) but wish they located me better. Overall: Really nice car, really good machine. If it holds together we're going to like this car for a long time. If you're spending this sort of money you'd be nuts not to try one of these.

C240
By JohnnyBgood on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th "Baby Benz" and would never get tired driving the car. I love almost everything about it except probably the emblem in front of it. It is too old-fashioned and I would prefer that they just have it flat on the hood rather than have it sticking up.

bugs
By harvey on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car is overengineered. The computer seems to bleed information on lights,mirrors,seats,etc. The electronic key is sluggish. The trunk is too small. I'm glad I have my '91 190. I can't see the dashboard screen during sunlit hours. Still, it is fun to drive.How do I find Recall notices?

Nice car
By RRR on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This purchase was made after considering the BMW 325xi. BMW was overpriced versus what the new car quotes from the car reviews on the net, and a use C320 was lower priced with a more confortable ride for passengers. The trunk is also larger making it acceptable for short road trips.

Bad Experience
By Hannah on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Since you don't have the 2002 C230-K yet available for comment on your site, I felt impelled to share a few comments about mine.The car is very cute from the outside, and pretty comfy from the inside, however I have had to bring the vehicle to the dealership 5 times over the past year.The all glass sunroof squeaks all the time,no matter what temp outside. They just can't seem to get it right. The ball bearings had to be changed already and the front windshield leaked thru to the floor. The side mirror lights have blown out twice in one year.I am very disappointed with the car and would not consider purchasing another Mercedes.

so many problems
By A patel on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my fully-loaded C320 for a year and a half. I had ordered it before it even started shipping or without looking at the demo because I had placed my order way in advance. I like the car, however the minor annoyance and problems are too numerous to mention. Probably my first and last Mercedes.

ugh
By junnah on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Multiple design flaws and even more build execution flaws: seats that go back and won't come up, groaning suspension, air vents to the windshield that do nothing but create condensation,poor quality paint, impossibly complex climate controls, even more impossibly complex key to seat setting control requirements................all exceeded by a service department that really doesn't seem to know what they're doing, loaner cars with NO gas and rarely cleaned, blah blah blah. The sales rep (Calvin) was great; he is, unfortunately all too peerless. I'm off to pick up a Lexus GS300; never should have strayed from the proven Japanese brand.

Not what you expect from Mercedes
By hosuk lee on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car in Apr of 2001 thinking "yeah it's alot of money for a car but it's Mercedes!. Within a few months, I had to take the car back to the dealer because it was making clicking noise from windows and the remote key wouldn't work sometimes. I got it fixed. Then the trunk wouldn't open. I got it fixed. Now the lock (the piece that goes up and down) popped out completely and the lock wouldn't work again. It's just one thing after another. I don't think I will ever buy a Mercedes again. If I am spenging $37K on a small car like this, I want quality and durability since it's definitly not the size of the car I am paying for.