Used 2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Decent Car for the $$$
By Duspin

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Leased it in 11/2000 and purchased at lease-end. Few problems; but ALL cars have problems, ALL of them! I have the sport package with xenons, phone, CD changer and it is an awesome ride especially in light of the hands-free laws in certain states. Would I buy another? Yes! But not where I got this one.

Favorite Features

Integrated phone, xenon headlights, wheels (sport pkg), no-charge scheduled maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

Service in the 'burbs north of Boston sucks because of the Herb Chambers monopoly; and I mean SUCKS. C-class should come pre-wired for phone & CD changer!!! Dealer install $$ is thievery. Dealer R/O avgs should not dictate repairs; broken/worn-out parts should.

Beware the New C Class!!!
By germancar

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I am very fond of German cars, but my experience with the '01 C240 has been a disappointment. This car has spent more time at the dealership than all my previous Benz's (3) and BMW's (5) combined. The dealership has been wonderful and most problems have been covered under waranty. However, it is a hassel finding the time to take car to dealer for repairs. My '99 C230 has been much more dependable. The only time it has seen the dealer is for routine maintance. If you want to drive a "Baby Benz", do yourself a favor and find late model W202 (older C Class)and save yourself alot of trouble and money.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling and comfort

Suggested Improvements

Improve electrical systems, fit and finish of interior trim.

Great car when it is NOT IN THE SHOP
By richard j

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Window auto close. Several bulbs blow Air bag sensor Voice recognition Seat / steering wheel / mirror memory Wood trim coming off Heater vent Gas gauge Cargo area cover unlatching. Cargo area seal leaking Driver door seal leaking Hatchback not latching Steering wheel grinding Fog lamp “fogging”. Floor mats latch Sway bushings Lower control arm Mass flow sensor Mirror reverse Key malfunction Seatbelt jamming. Window trim leaking. Hatchback trim leaking. Doors rattling Dash rattling Cup holder breaks. Back seats not latching Ceiling panel loose in cargo area SOS malfunctions Replaced rear window washer fluid pump. head rest stuck Seat squeeks

Favorite Features

putting the pedal to the metal at 55 mph on the highway...move over slowpoke, ..in two seconds the car is doing 115 MPH

Suggested Improvements

quality and service needed...lose the crappy attitude at dealer service departments. this is for a c320 sport wagon $48,000

the car
By mikecr20

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

this car is great, fun to drive and you need to put rims on it.

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

none

Should of Been Better
By Couldofbeenbetter

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had numerous problems with my car. Every electrical feature has had a problem. Got a new motor for my su roof, all light bulbs have been replaced several times within 3 years (never had to do that in my GMC), stahls, recieved new A/C, and the list goes on. I only had my car for 3 years and I had it serviced way too many times for a Mercedes. Customer Service was always good. But this year (2001)Mercedes did not live up to it's reputation. Fun to drive but not worth the hassle of taking it in the shop every other month. I'm too busy for that.

Favorite Features

Beautiful look, interior and exterior. Great handling, zip in and out!

Suggested Improvements

Better seats.