Used 2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Very Disappointed
By P&M

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

In the four years we have owned this vehicle reliability has been a major concern. Blinker bulbs have been replaced 4-5 times. The power seat became inoperative. We've had Intermittent problems with sun roof and back window shade opening and closing properly. Power steering fluid leaked from the car. Air conditioning system failed to cool after 3.5 years, and the dealer originally could not find leak. Six months later, the same problem arose, the leak was found, and the repair cost $1800. Alternator recently failed while driving at highway speeds, the car stalled, almost causing a major traffic accident. Cost to repair $1000. The gas pedal is non-responsive when starting off from zero miles per hour.

None.

Build a reliable vehicle that will last as expected for $35K. Need more interior room, better cup holders. Improve gas pedal so when pressed to the floor the car will actually accelerate.

Great Car! So Luxurious!
By Nat

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car! It has almost 70,000 miles and is still in amazing condition. The car is so fast and the interior is so luxurious. The engine is powerful and the car is fully loaded well beyond other cars in its class

Automatic Seats/Memory,acceleration,interior design,electric components

More comfortable seats

Think the C240 is for you?
By uxtonyxu

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After six years of strickly driving sports cars, I decided to buy the Mercedes-Benz C240. It's not a sports car, but it;'s the only alternative I would recommend to one. Do not buy one without the warranty. Upon purchase, the the transmission went with in 100 miles. Thanks to the warranty I recieved a new one free of charge. Other than that I am 110% satisfied.

Space and fuel economy. The 6 speed is great too.

More wiper ranges, not just very fast or very slow.

Fun to drive, when not in the shop
By TimL

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I preordered the car in Dec. 2000. The car is wonderful to drive. It's comfortable, fast, and sporty enough to whip through the corners. Yes, the car could use some more power for my tastes, but it has plenty for normal use. The car gets good gas mileage considering engine size/weight. Main problem is quality. The car is being fixed every 2-3 months. Engine, transmission, electronics, brakes, AC, radio, CD changer, paint flaking off and lights. The dealer has been very receptive and everything has been fixed for free, but I am tired of the problems. My warranty is running out and I think I am going to sell it. If you are looking to buy a used MB avoid this model like the plague.

Comfortable car and with just enough sporty-ness to make driving it fun. But all of this is not worth the trouble. The car frequently gets 27/28 mpg on the highway. With some good snow tires, the car is great in winter weather.

QUALITY, QUALITY, QUALITY! I don't think I will ever buy another MB again. I wanted to eventually upgrade to the E-Class AMG, but now am looking at the BMW M-5. I am repulsed by the problems I've had with the car.

You'll never want to get out of this car
By MBbrat

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

There is a reason that Mercedes-Benz has
a reputation for being one of the most
luxurious and prestigious cars built
today. Even the C-class boasts so many
features, you won't believe it's the
lowest class they manufacture. I never
mind being stuck in traffic anymore when
I'm in my C240. It just becomes a part
of you-- an extension of your own body!
The performance is outstanding, and you
won't feel safer in any other car.

You name it: Rear window sunshade, rain sensor, speed sensitive volume on Bose soundsystem, built-in ski sack, very powerful V6 engine... I LOVE that you never have to take your hands off the wheel for anything!

I really can't think of one thing they could have improved upon in the C240. For the money, you can't go wrong. It really is worth every penny!