2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
impressive luxury
By Mathew MacDonald on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my new Mercedes-Benz. I used to have a BMW 3 series, but this mercedes is much more of a car all around. I love the new sleek and modern styling which is so much more stylish than the BMW 3 series.

SLEEK
By Mark MacDougall on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love it! From now on I will only buy mercedes. It's a nice solid ride, very safe, and luxurious, although the price, in my opinion, is too low for a mercedes.

BEAUTIFUL CAR
By kenny rogers on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER DRIVEN. I love it!! I would reccomend it to anyone. It is a great alternative to the BMW 3 series.

I feel like I've been had!
By Wised up to MB now on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Twenty-eight items addressed under warranty. Everything from seals around the doors to front end bushings to a/c to radio to interior trim to engine stalls to missing/broken bolts to frequently burning out lamps. Attitude of the service advisor? We don't build them, just fix them. Advise of the service advisor in response to how much will fixes cost? Well, may be you won't be so picky then. They just ignore the fact that this car hasn't been a good one!

Ain;t that bad
By MB Canada on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Got the car, no problems. Perhaps the multiple reviews are because of the price paid and expectation levels. Car is ok and cool when you drive it around.

C320 Sport
By Derek Visocky on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This was the car I did NOT intend to buy, but couldn't be happier. We've come to appreciate the safety, performance and engineering so much that we are sold on making a Mercedes the next purchase should we ever let this one go.

Pure Lemon
By Regretful buyer on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first MB that I have bought and it has been one of the biggest mistakes in my life. First, the car has frequent break-ups, from the wipers, to the air conditioning, to the suspension, to light bulbs, to whatever you want to think about. Second, the service is a real NIGHTMARE in Garage Isla Verde in San Juan, Puerto Rico. My experience is that they are unreliable, arrogant, indifferent and totally foreign to customer service excellence. Service is as bad as the C320. At least they are consistent on that!!! NEVER fall into the same mistake of trading your BMW for a MB. You'll regret it for the rest of your life.

Just OK
By Ann Traina on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

alot of small things regularly go wrong with the car. The keys seem to have problems, the cup holder constantly gets stuck, the r,f turn signal wiring seems to have a problem, and (most of all) I dont like that the AC- heat button you have to press so many times to go from hot to cold(press button 1x time for each degree you want to change). It should have a dial.

Fun and exciting, but...
By gump on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car. The driving experience is exactly what you think you are buying when you pay the mercedes premium-- impressive engineering, performance...oozing class. The rest of the experience (delivery experience, service, reliability) have all been dreadful. Frequent breakdowns and problems have been followed by frustrating and haphazard service calls. Buy the Lexus. You will be happier.

many bugs
By albik on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

many problems, with the car and the dealer All sort of light burning; eletronic steering wheel adjustment breaking; suspension completely replaced, airbag problem light going on. Changed the remote key opener at least three times, and to cap it all off, the brakes had to be changed after 14,000. In total this car spent 1 month in the shop. Part of the problem lies with the dealer. Over a month to get an appointment and 1 week to get the car back.