2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Decent Car for the $$$
By Duspin on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Leased it in 11/2000 and purchased at lease-end. Few problems; but ALL cars have problems, ALL of them! I have the sport package with xenons, phone, CD changer and it is an awesome ride especially in light of the hands-free laws in certain states. Would I buy another? Yes! But not where I got this one.

Beware the New C Class!!!
By germancar on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I am very fond of German cars, but my experience with the '01 C240 has been a disappointment. This car has spent more time at the dealership than all my previous Benz's (3) and BMW's (5) combined. The dealership has been wonderful and most problems have been covered under waranty. However, it is a hassel finding the time to take car to dealer for repairs. My '99 C230 has been much more dependable. The only time it has seen the dealer is for routine maintance. If you want to drive a "Baby Benz", do yourself a favor and find late model W202 (older C Class)and save yourself alot of trouble and money.

Great car when it is NOT IN THE SHOP
By richard j on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Window auto close. Several bulbs blow Air bag sensor Voice recognition Seat / steering wheel / mirror memory Wood trim coming off Heater vent Gas gauge Cargo area cover unlatching. Cargo area seal leaking Driver door seal leaking Hatchback not latching Steering wheel grinding Fog lamp “fogging”. Floor mats latch Sway bushings Lower control arm Mass flow sensor Mirror reverse Key malfunction Seatbelt jamming. Window trim leaking. Hatchback trim leaking. Doors rattling Dash rattling Cup holder breaks. Back seats not latching Ceiling panel loose in cargo area SOS malfunctions Replaced rear window washer fluid pump. head rest stuck Seat squeeks

the car
By mikecr20 on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

this car is great, fun to drive and you need to put rims on it.

Should of Been Better
By Couldofbeenbetter on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had numerous problems with my car. Every electrical feature has had a problem. Got a new motor for my su roof, all light bulbs have been replaced several times within 3 years (never had to do that in my GMC), stahls, recieved new A/C, and the list goes on. I only had my car for 3 years and I had it serviced way too many times for a Mercedes. Customer Service was always good. But this year (2001)Mercedes did not live up to it's reputation. Fun to drive but not worth the hassle of taking it in the shop every other month. I'm too busy for that.

great
By mercedes owner on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Its a great car. It's not exceptionally fast, but i do get looks when i'm driving. The car is luxurious

Great Service
By Spendy on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The service at Bob King's Autohaus has been SUPERIOR, lucky because I take it in on a regular basis for one thing or another. The computer chip/remote key went haywire after 2 1/2 years; the door handle had to be replaced; and I've had to buy new tires twice already. I think I better dump it before the warranty runs out!

First one will be the LAST one!
By flamingo25 on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car expecting to receive a quality automobile, and it has been nothing but one problem after another. Of the 6 vehicles in my drive way this one spends more time in the shop the the other 5 combined. They obviously need to revamp the electrical system, brakes and train the service departments to deal with complaints instead of ignoring them completely. I have never been more disappointed in a vehicle in my life. What a waste of money, time and effort. Resell value is a joke.

Great car
By max's gpa on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Car handles very well, C320 has excellent power...ride is "sporty" and fun to drive. Some minor inconveniences such as side view mirrors too small...cup holder inconvenient. Difficult to get in and out of rear seats.

beautiful!!!!!!
By Barbara Pasqualelli on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I fell in love with my Benz the first time I saw it. It's fast, reliable, and very comfortable. I am a business woman who travels often for work, and I've had no trouble with it. It's great on the highway and has very distinctive styling. I love it.