2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Frequent Expensive Repairs
By sisaacs on 12/08/11 22:13 PM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This model car has numerous problems. My 55 yr old wife drives this car gently. Yet, after 90K miles, I have replaced: braking computer, rear brakes 3x, front brakes 6x, alternator, numerous sensors, spark plugs and wires 2x, MAF 2x, EGR Valve 2x, EGR tube, fuel pump, motor mounts 2x, rear coil springs, numerous bulbs, window regulators 3x, front speakers, door handle, battery 2x, wheel, keys 2x, front control arm, steering assembly, gas cap, and sway bar links. Yet to repair: fading LCD instrument display, pass seat heater, front shocks, cracked cigarette tray cover, shifter (base pulled away from console), steering wheel, valve cover gaskets, clicking noise in drive shaft, trunk handle.

Computer replacement
By BW on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had to replace the main computer board in their c320? Took my car in to carmax after the coolant light came on. First they said it was the fan and replaced it. I was told the tech broke off the sensor and now all I know is this simple repair has ballooned into a nightmare.

2001 C320 Sport sedan
By DG on 04/08/10 17:52 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for 5 years. I bought it used at a BMW dealer in St. Louis, MO. I have enjoyed this car and would consider buying another in the future. It has a solid feel that I have never matched with any other car. I have the Sport package. It handles superbly. I have kept a warranty the whole 5 years. I'm glad I did. It has needed some repairs. The Japanese brands don't quite come up to the ride standard of this car. If you drive one, you will want one.

Does not meet expectations
By Lucky1 on 01/18/10 09:16 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

About 3 months ago I picked up my first MB: a 2001 C320, one owner, 51,000 miles, garage-kept, and appeared well cared for. I am GREATLY disappointed in the paint. The paint easily chips, exposes the metal below and begins to "spider" out with blistering rust underneath the surrounding paint. If left unchecked, the car will be a mess in less than a year. It reminds me of the '72 AMC Gremlin my father purchased for less than $2k. The paint job was horrible and did not last a year! Never in my wildest dreams did I think that paint would be a problem with this car. I have stuck to American cars until this one and I am sorry I did not purchase another Cadillac or a Buick. I miss my Cadillac!

Form over Function
By Matt in Maryland on 09/30/09 12:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used from a dealership and quickly realized that I would encounter numerous issues with it. It looks great inside and out but it stops there.I have had so many repairs from the dealer they know which loaner car I like best and I have developed a friendship with one of the CSR's at the dealer. At one point they have my car for over 4 weeks trying to determine an issue and even brought Mb Germany into the mix. I didn't expect a MB to have so many issues...broken climate control unit,steering column,cd player,digital dash display and more.The paint chips and has faded in numerous places and the door seals have dry-rotted making for a very loud ride on the road.Poor form MB!

This Car Is So Awsome
By Chris on 04/15/09 22:30 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for 2 years, ( The Lorinser) and this car has never given me any problems so far. It cruise's so "Great" It's a Great Ride Every Time you Get In It. When you put your foot on the peddle,It Has a Awesome Holdshot, Takes off like a plane. Cannot hear the engine very quiet, the Cd changer for (6) The sound is so nice to hear w/Bose speakers, No Mechanical, Engine, Navigation problems, No Leaks, Paint looks Great I added the AMG Package, Crome Wheels,and Grill. This Car looks and I believe If you take car of your car. It will last for a very long time. If you Keep the car checked and up to date you will not have any problems. This car I rate it at a 10X's 10.MB is the best

Stay away
By Mercedes no more on 12/30/08 21:51 PM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I always wanted a Mercedes and purchased a C320 2 yrs ago. It has been at the MB dealer 4 times. I have had the starter sensor replaced, alternator replaced and codes reset many times. I live 75 miles from the dealer and it costs $225 each time it has to be towed. Now I am looking at a $2700 transmission repair due to transmission fluid leaking on computer componants inside the transmission. Too bad since the car is a eye catcher, super fast and receives many compliments. I will be trading it in on a Toyota/Honda/Nissan as soon as I get it back on the road.

Stable and reliable
By bunny on 08/07/08 11:49 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Mercedes because my first one was totaled in an accident where someone traveling at over 65MPH hit me from behind. I walked out with 2 scratches, so I had to buy another Mercedes. It's been an extremely safe car, and it auto-corrects in slippery roads. I've had the car for 7.5 years, and it's been a very reliable, safe car to drive.

Still love it!
By Edvard Petrovskiy on 05/09/08 07:58 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my C320! It still a head- turner, looks/drives great. It does break a lot (same problems that other MB owners have). Hey, what do you expect from an expensive car? If you buy this car with out warranty, expect to pay about $1000 annually in repair bills. My mechanic does the repairs, I never take it to dealer, except free car washes(You can do an oil change anywhere.) It's a great car!

High Standards
By jdash on 12/02/07 05:40 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Car has luxury look and feel, even after 6 years. Runs smooth, tracks well, and remains quiet and comfortable. Great car with lots of class!

1 2 3 4 5 next »