Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great car
By Walter Paiz

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

This c230 has been a great car. We are looking for a 3rd car right now and we are staying with the Mercedes brand. Looking for an SUV ML320. Once we purchase the ML320 the little c230 will go to my daughter who just got her license. I trust this car so much that I want my daughter to be safe on the road as well as a very reliable car. Yes the repairs are not cheap but they do not come that ofter. I would put a word of caution when purchasing a c230 kompressor make sure that the variable timing module has been replaced, it is something that the c230 kompressor are known for having issues with. This repaired cost us 1,800.00 it was expensive but after that the car has been great.

So Far So Good
By Sam

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

In 2010, I paid $3,005 for my 2000 C280. It drives like a dream and my last car was a Lexus LS400, so I know smooth. The small dealer slapped a sloppy paint job on the damaged left side, even stuck a screw through the left bumper to hold in place. Anyway, paint job was bad enough to drop the price well below blue book (~$6,300). Also, airbag lights are on, so what. That's fine with me, because my pre-purchase inspection gave the engine an A-Plus! I'll get a better paint job and maybe fix that SRS (airbag) light later. In the meantime, it drives like a fine luxury automobile should drive, like silk. Do I miss my Lexus? Nope! I keep asking my wife, Is this car too good to be true?

I bought a world class Mercedes for 3,000 bucks and it looks great in my driveway! Oh yeah, features: remote keys roll down all the windows and opens the sunroof! One wiper blade pattern for entire windshield. So Cool!

Hmm? How about kick a big dent in your 2010 models, so I can buy another Benz for dirt cheap in 2020.

Pleased! Very!
By Storm

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

My first Benz but I would say I couldn't be happier with the car. It's been 10 years since I purchased it and I have been very blessed. No major issues ~ mainly minor wear and tear.

MPG, over all comfort, back seats go down for ability to carry large packages, etc...

With all cars things are going to wear out... but the AC unit did go out on me 2x... thank God I had a good and reasonable garage to fix it... the dealership would have cost me a mint.

Car of a lifetime
By vinman

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

I wanted a Benz since I was 6. Now 50 I just got my first! Scale of 1 to 10 this car is a 12.5 we love it yes it has its quirks but all cars to. Fast super comfy handles like a dream solid as a rock. Gotta admit the Germans build the best production cars in the world. Being a mechanic and owner of numerous Ford Chevy, Chrysler and the lot . I gotta hand it to them this car is hot . I only paid 8000 dollars for it. It has 87,000 miles on it. I expect it will run forever. Tk you mr Benz we are very happy with it.

all of them!

tilt steering wheel lol i think that's the only thing it doesn't have lol!

A fun little car
By Carlsbad84

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a certified pre- owned with 30K miles. The car is fun to drive and acceleration and handling are great. I drive the car hard and now with just around 120K mi, it still runs great and just as smooth. Only problem I've had was radio head unit died and I replaced with an Alpine mated to the Bose amps and it sounds great for a tenth of what Mercedes wanted for a replacement. I plan on keeping this car till it finally dies, which could be another 100k at ths rate.

Acceleration, simple but elegant interior, handling

better seats - I slip a little when cornering hard. Most improvements picked up in new C-Class