2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
So Far So Good
By Sam on 07/22/10 22:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

In 2010, I paid $3,005 for my 2000 C280. It drives like a dream and my last car was a Lexus LS400, so I know smooth. The small dealer slapped a sloppy paint job on the damaged left side, even stuck a screw through the left bumper to hold in place. Anyway, paint job was bad enough to drop the price well below blue book (~$6,300). Also, airbag lights are on, so what. That's fine with me, because my pre-purchase inspection gave the engine an A-Plus! I'll get a better paint job and maybe fix that SRS (airbag) light later. In the meantime, it drives like a fine luxury automobile should drive, like silk. Do I miss my Lexus? Nope! I keep asking my wife, Is this car too good to be true?

Car of a lifetime
By vinman on 05/12/10 14:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

I wanted a Benz since I was 6. Now 50 I just got my first! Scale of 1 to 10 this car is a 12.5 we love it yes it has its quirks but all cars to. Fast super comfy handles like a dream solid as a rock. Gotta admit the Germans build the best production cars in the world. Being a mechanic and owner of numerous Ford Chevy, Chrysler and the lot . I gotta hand it to them this car is hot . I only paid 8000 dollars for it. It has 87,000 miles on it. I expect it will run forever. Tk you mr Benz we are very happy with it.

A fun little car
By Carlsbad84 on 02/17/10 15:10 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a certified pre- owned with 30K miles. The car is fun to drive and acceleration and handling are great. I drive the car hard and now with just around 120K mi, it still runs great and just as smooth. Only problem I've had was radio head unit died and I replaced with an Alpine mated to the Bose amps and it sounds great for a tenth of what Mercedes wanted for a replacement. I plan on keeping this car till it finally dies, which could be another 100k at ths rate.

Wish I Had Known
By zelliesmom on 06/03/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

Within the first 2 yrs. of owning this 2000 C-230 Komp, bought used, I have replaced the drivers side mirror, the seal got cracked and the fluid leaked down the side of my door, windshield wiper motor went out, had it replaced for $500, 3 months later, it went out again, I find out it's the transmission for the motor thats bad, $1080 for that, now both have to be replaced, cup holder broke, no cd player in a Benz? Heat & air work sometimes. Sometimes it blows, sometimes not, temperature works sometimes, sometimes not. Now I owe more than it's worth and can't get out from under it.

Glad To Own It!
By Don on 10/14/05 16:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

I have owned Volvos my whole life and have decided to switch due in part to constant repairs on the last one. I am happy to have switched and every mile has been a delight. The car has that Mercedes solidity that is unmatched in any other car on the road as well as an engine that is velvety smooth at any speed. The 5 speed auto is well mated to the engine which makes great sound and tug under hard acceleration. The interior preserves the lovely Teutonic ambiance of the older Benzes with great seats for long trips and very logical controls. This car was built for driving and has been very reliable. I love this car!

Worth the wait!
By jEmEmUrIU on 06/08/05 16:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

This being my first luxury car, I’m very happy with my purchase. MB has just found itself a customer for life! I have the special edition with all the available options. The beefy brakes, strong engine and manual shift capabilities help make it a very involving vehicle. On the negative, though, certain people at my job now look at me differently even though I’m still the same person. Maybe it’s the marque. Oh well, the joy I get from the ownership experience makes up for the attitude I deal with at work!

Lots of Bang for the Buck
By TravelinMan on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

I just picked up a 2000 C280 Sport with 48K miles. I have driven it over 1000 miles and really like the car. I had a 1997 C280 prior, and the car is MUCH more refined. The Sport Package is a must in my opinion if you do any spirited driving. I think it really improves the looks as well. My only beef is that the Motorola Cell Phone built in the car is outdated and nothing is updated from Mercedes for it. The car handles crisply and makes a fun commuter car. I am averaging about 25 in the city and close to 30 on the highway. Good luck...a Benz is never just another car.

MY MB C280
By PAPADOC on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

THIS IS A GREAT CAR HANDLES WELL GOOD MILEAGE FUN TO DRIVE AND SAFE

Doesn't get much better!
By ken95742 on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

Wow! As a sport model, its the perfect harmony between luxury and sportiness.

Mercedes WunderKind
By Satisfied280Owner on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

Nimble, lightfooted and mroe fun that its predecessor, the 190E2.6, the C280 is an amazing blend of practicality and constrained performance. Not quite up to the standards of its AMG relations, the C280 nonetheless can MOVE out of its own way without the long windup that dogged the 190E family. The fold down rear seats, four doors, and seating make you think you're going to get into a luxoslug, but once behind the wheel, the combination of the increased power of the 280 engine, compled with the adaptive transmission and a superb electronic stabilization package make the C280 agile responsive, and genrally a hoot to drive.