Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

So Far So Good
By Sam

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

In 2010, I paid $3,005 for my 2000 C280. It drives like a dream and my last car was a Lexus LS400, so I know smooth. The small dealer slapped a sloppy paint job on the damaged left side, even stuck a screw through the left bumper to hold in place. Anyway, paint job was bad enough to drop the price well below blue book (~$6,300). Also, airbag lights are on, so what. That's fine with me, because my pre-purchase inspection gave the engine an A-Plus! I'll get a better paint job and maybe fix that SRS (airbag) light later. In the meantime, it drives like a fine luxury automobile should drive, like silk. Do I miss my Lexus? Nope! I keep asking my wife, Is this car too good to be true?

Favorite Features

I bought a world class Mercedes for 3,000 bucks and it looks great in my driveway! Oh yeah, features: remote keys roll down all the windows and opens the sunroof! One wiper blade pattern for entire windshield. So Cool!

Suggested Improvements

Hmm? How about kick a big dent in your 2010 models, so I can buy another Benz for dirt cheap in 2020.

Car of a lifetime
By vinman

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

I wanted a Benz since I was 6. Now 50 I just got my first! Scale of 1 to 10 this car is a 12.5 we love it yes it has its quirks but all cars to. Fast super comfy handles like a dream solid as a rock. Gotta admit the Germans build the best production cars in the world. Being a mechanic and owner of numerous Ford Chevy, Chrysler and the lot . I gotta hand it to them this car is hot . I only paid 8000 dollars for it. It has 87,000 miles on it. I expect it will run forever. Tk you mr Benz we are very happy with it.

Favorite Features

all of them!

Suggested Improvements

tilt steering wheel lol i think that's the only thing it doesn't have lol!

A fun little car
By Carlsbad84

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a certified pre- owned with 30K miles. The car is fun to drive and acceleration and handling are great. I drive the car hard and now with just around 120K mi, it still runs great and just as smooth. Only problem I've had was radio head unit died and I replaced with an Alpine mated to the Bose amps and it sounds great for a tenth of what Mercedes wanted for a replacement. I plan on keeping this car till it finally dies, which could be another 100k at ths rate.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, simple but elegant interior, handling

Suggested Improvements

better seats - I slip a little when cornering hard. Most improvements picked up in new C-Class

Wish I Had Known
By zelliesmom

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

Within the first 2 yrs. of owning this 2000 C-230 Komp, bought used, I have replaced the drivers side mirror, the seal got cracked and the fluid leaked down the side of my door, windshield wiper motor went out, had it replaced for $500, 3 months later, it went out again, I find out it's the transmission for the motor thats bad, $1080 for that, now both have to be replaced, cup holder broke, no cd player in a Benz? Heat & air work sometimes. Sometimes it blows, sometimes not, temperature works sometimes, sometimes not. Now I owe more than it's worth and can't get out from under it.

Favorite Features

Color-champagne, body style

Glad To Own It!
By Don

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

I have owned Volvos my whole life and have decided to switch due in part to constant repairs on the last one. I am happy to have switched and every mile has been a delight. The car has that Mercedes solidity that is unmatched in any other car on the road as well as an engine that is velvety smooth at any speed. The 5 speed auto is well mated to the engine which makes great sound and tug under hard acceleration. The interior preserves the lovely Teutonic ambiance of the older Benzes with great seats for long trips and very logical controls. This car was built for driving and has been very reliable. I love this car!

Favorite Features

The seats, powertrain, body structure and classic design that is timeless.

Suggested Improvements

Sturdier cup holder would have been nice and a bigger glovebox.