2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
So Far So Good
By Sam on 07/22/10 22:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

In 2010, I paid $3,005 for my 2000 C280. It drives like a dream and my last car was a Lexus LS400, so I know smooth. The small dealer slapped a sloppy paint job on the damaged left side, even stuck a screw through the left bumper to hold in place. Anyway, paint job was bad enough to drop the price well below blue book (~$6,300). Also, airbag lights are on, so what. That's fine with me, because my pre-purchase inspection gave the engine an A-Plus! I'll get a better paint job and maybe fix that SRS (airbag) light later. In the meantime, it drives like a fine luxury automobile should drive, like silk. Do I miss my Lexus? Nope! I keep asking my wife, Is this car too good to be true?

Pleased! Very!
By Storm on 06/22/10 19:23 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

My first Benz but I would say I couldn't be happier with the car. It's been 10 years since I purchased it and I have been very blessed. No major issues ~ mainly minor wear and tear.

Car of a lifetime
By vinman on 05/12/10 14:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

I wanted a Benz since I was 6. Now 50 I just got my first! Scale of 1 to 10 this car is a 12.5 we love it yes it has its quirks but all cars to. Fast super comfy handles like a dream solid as a rock. Gotta admit the Germans build the best production cars in the world. Being a mechanic and owner of numerous Ford Chevy, Chrysler and the lot . I gotta hand it to them this car is hot . I only paid 8000 dollars for it. It has 87,000 miles on it. I expect it will run forever. Tk you mr Benz we are very happy with it.

A fun little car
By Carlsbad84 on 02/17/10 15:10 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a certified pre- owned with 30K miles. The car is fun to drive and acceleration and handling are great. I drive the car hard and now with just around 120K mi, it still runs great and just as smooth. Only problem I've had was radio head unit died and I replaced with an Alpine mated to the Bose amps and it sounds great for a tenth of what Mercedes wanted for a replacement. I plan on keeping this car till it finally dies, which could be another 100k at ths rate.

Disappointment
By Rich on 01/18/10 11:19 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

I traded in a 1991 Honda Accord for this vehicle. I thought i was buying a quality vehicle that I could drive for a long time. Within the first month of ownership, the vehicle had to be towed and problems continued from there. The vehicle was very costly to maintain. At a 100,000 miles , the transmission had to be replace for $5,000. There were many costly repair for the ten year ownership(it was a struggle but I try to keep my vehicle for ten years. I had no where near these problems with the Honda I traded in when I purchased this vehicle. I have now purchase another Honda Accord 2009. I will never buy another Mercedes.

"Entry-level" headache
By Teddirex on 07/13/08 12:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

If you want luxury no other name can do it like MB. However what is there to a name if the vehicle doesn't live up to its prestige. I have owned my C230 for a year. It is an excellent daily driver but costly to keep prime. I have replaced the mass air flow sensor ($300 w/o labor), breaks twice (once w/ rotors all together $1300 w/ labor), and instrument panel computer ($expensive!). I am a cautious driver and maintain it well. Handles well at highway speeds, but the seats are tiring after 2 hours or so. This defeats the purpose of luxury. If you want a star on your hood look no further, but if you are looking for something behind the logo keep star gazing!

Wish I Had Known
By zelliesmom on 06/03/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

Within the first 2 yrs. of owning this 2000 C-230 Komp, bought used, I have replaced the drivers side mirror, the seal got cracked and the fluid leaked down the side of my door, windshield wiper motor went out, had it replaced for $500, 3 months later, it went out again, I find out it's the transmission for the motor thats bad, $1080 for that, now both have to be replaced, cup holder broke, no cd player in a Benz? Heat & air work sometimes. Sometimes it blows, sometimes not, temperature works sometimes, sometimes not. Now I owe more than it's worth and can't get out from under it.

Outdated and overrated
By craner on 05/10/07 14:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

This was the 1st Mercedes I ever had so maybe I was expecting a little to much. Many issues and concerns. Firstly, in this age of $4 a gallon gas, what's with the premium gas only? I'm an Ivy league grad yet I never figured out the venting and air regulating mechanisms. The air conditioning was average and the car had a tendency to run hot in the summer, so I had to turn off the AC! Lastly, what's the deal with the dealer installed "emergency" phone system. I'm guessing that the visionaries at Mercedes couldn't see the advent of cell phones and replacing this antiquated system! Center console storeage never worked either and CD system in the trunk...c'mon!!

Wasted a lot of money
By AllisonN on 01/29/07 20:53 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

I have had nothing but problems from this car! Every other month something else breaks. This car was a certified pre-owned. During the very first month I owned this car it was in the shop for two weeks with mechanical problems. The problems have ranged from different censors going bad, to brakes wearing out way too soon, and even the middle air vents breaking twice!

Problems with the nick nacks & Many More
By joe on 02/22/06 20:42 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

This was the First Mercedes I ever Owned and probably the last. When I first purchased it my frontheadlights and rear taillights kept blowing out and 97 thousand miles later they still do. More often than not I drive around with a light blown out. I can't tell you how many times I've been pulled over for having a blown bulb right after having fixed them. ---that includes the interior as well. Transmission problems after only 30 thousand miles. Gas Gauge problems 2 X. Air condionter died after 80,000. Cost close to 2k. Mass airflow died at 85thousand. Don't lose your key it will cost you.The center sonsole doesn't open as you want. The glove compartment opens when it wants. Bad in snow.