2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Pleased! Very!
By Storm on 06/22/10 19:23 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

My first Benz but I would say I couldn't be happier with the car. It's been 10 years since I purchased it and I have been very blessed. No major issues ~ mainly minor wear and tear.

Disappointment
By Rich on 01/18/10 11:19 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I traded in a 1991 Honda Accord for this vehicle. I thought i was buying a quality vehicle that I could drive for a long time. Within the first month of ownership, the vehicle had to be towed and problems continued from there. The vehicle was very costly to maintain. At a 100,000 miles , the transmission had to be replace for $5,000. There were many costly repair for the ten year ownership(it was a struggle but I try to keep my vehicle for ten years. I had no where near these problems with the Honda I traded in when I purchased this vehicle. I have now purchase another Honda Accord 2009. I will never buy another Mercedes.

"Entry-level" headache
By Teddirex on 07/13/08 12:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

If you want luxury no other name can do it like MB. However what is there to a name if the vehicle doesn't live up to its prestige. I have owned my C230 for a year. It is an excellent daily driver but costly to keep prime. I have replaced the mass air flow sensor ($300 w/o labor), breaks twice (once w/ rotors all together $1300 w/ labor), and instrument panel computer ($expensive!). I am a cautious driver and maintain it well. Handles well at highway speeds, but the seats are tiring after 2 hours or so. This defeats the purpose of luxury. If you want a star on your hood look no further, but if you are looking for something behind the logo keep star gazing!

Outdated and overrated
By craner on 05/10/07 14:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

This was the 1st Mercedes I ever had so maybe I was expecting a little to much. Many issues and concerns. Firstly, in this age of $4 a gallon gas, what's with the premium gas only? I'm an Ivy league grad yet I never figured out the venting and air regulating mechanisms. The air conditioning was average and the car had a tendency to run hot in the summer, so I had to turn off the AC! Lastly, what's the deal with the dealer installed "emergency" phone system. I'm guessing that the visionaries at Mercedes couldn't see the advent of cell phones and replacing this antiquated system! Center console storeage never worked either and CD system in the trunk...c'mon!!

Wasted a lot of money
By AllisonN on 01/29/07 20:53 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I have had nothing but problems from this car! Every other month something else breaks. This car was a certified pre-owned. During the very first month I owned this car it was in the shop for two weeks with mechanical problems. The problems have ranged from different censors going bad, to brakes wearing out way too soon, and even the middle air vents breaking twice!

Problems with the nick nacks & Many More
By joe on 02/22/06 20:42 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

This was the First Mercedes I ever Owned and probably the last. When I first purchased it my frontheadlights and rear taillights kept blowing out and 97 thousand miles later they still do. More often than not I drive around with a light blown out. I can't tell you how many times I've been pulled over for having a blown bulb right after having fixed them. ---that includes the interior as well. Transmission problems after only 30 thousand miles. Gas Gauge problems 2 X. Air condionter died after 80,000. Cost close to 2k. Mass airflow died at 85thousand. Don't lose your key it will cost you.The center sonsole doesn't open as you want. The glove compartment opens when it wants. Bad in snow.

Top-Notch Class!
By toppdollar on 12/26/05 12:54 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

This car is excellent! I have owned this car now for a little over 8 months and everyday it gets better and better. The quality and the features of this car are top-notch for a used car or new. I got an excellent deal at under 15K with only 41,700 miles. I have the sport edition and it handles and accelerates like no other 4 cylinder that I have ever driven. Solid all around. The feel of the sport seats and the steering wheel make this car 2nd to none in it's class. I had considered a bimmer but this car gives the best of both worlds luxury and sport. All my future cars will be judged on this caliber of car.

Very disappoited.
By DiasppointedEddie on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I'm very disappointed of the quality of the car and the dealer service. The dealer has been incompetent in fixing the noisy problem when the wheels are being turned, for 3 times over 10-month period. How much more headache do I have to endure? Who hired all those skilled mechanics? Lexus, I bet.

Built like a rock...
By armano on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

Everthing is solid. Doors close solid. Ride is tight and solid. Even the rear view mirror is solid. Great build quality! Only problems are with electricals. AC quit, so it went to dealer for repair. Three times. They did everything under the sun to repair. Recharge, replace, test, re-test. Finally, it came down to the dash mounted AC on/off switch. Gas gauge also goes wacky now and again, shows empty. Restart the car and it has corrected itself so far.

Fun Little Car
By atlmis on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I bought my car over a year ago and it has been a pleasure to drive. It handles well, takes corners like a dream and has great acceleration. Pretty roomy back seat for a small car and nice trunk space. Besides a few minor electrical problems, this car has been great.