Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Pleased! Very!
By Storm

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

My first Benz but I would say I couldn't be happier with the car. It's been 10 years since I purchased it and I have been very blessed. No major issues ~ mainly minor wear and tear.

Favorite Features

MPG, over all comfort, back seats go down for ability to carry large packages, etc...

Suggested Improvements

With all cars things are going to wear out... but the AC unit did go out on me 2x... thank God I had a good and reasonable garage to fix it... the dealership would have cost me a mint.

Disappointment
By Rich

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I traded in a 1991 Honda Accord for this vehicle. I thought i was buying a quality vehicle that I could drive for a long time. Within the first month of ownership, the vehicle had to be towed and problems continued from there. The vehicle was very costly to maintain. At a 100,000 miles , the transmission had to be replace for $5,000. There were many costly repair for the ten year ownership(it was a struggle but I try to keep my vehicle for ten years. I had no where near these problems with the Honda I traded in when I purchased this vehicle. I have now purchase another Honda Accord 2009. I will never buy another Mercedes.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Need to build a quality and dependable vehicle.

"Entry-level" headache
By Teddirex

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

If you want luxury no other name can do it like MB. However what is there to a name if the vehicle doesn't live up to its prestige. I have owned my C230 for a year. It is an excellent daily driver but costly to keep prime. I have replaced the mass air flow sensor ($300 w/o labor), breaks twice (once w/ rotors all together $1300 w/ labor), and instrument panel computer ($expensive!). I am a cautious driver and maintain it well. Handles well at highway speeds, but the seats are tiring after 2 hours or so. This defeats the purpose of luxury. If you want a star on your hood look no further, but if you are looking for something behind the logo keep star gazing!

Favorite Features

Handling both high and low speed, good breaking, classic European look, trunk space, turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability/cost of parts, flimsy cup holder, driver seat tiring, bells and whistles are disappointing, poor acceleration.

Outdated and overrated
By craner

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

This was the 1st Mercedes I ever had so maybe I was expecting a little to much. Many issues and concerns. Firstly, in this age of $4 a gallon gas, what's with the premium gas only? I'm an Ivy league grad yet I never figured out the venting and air regulating mechanisms. The air conditioning was average and the car had a tendency to run hot in the summer, so I had to turn off the AC! Lastly, what's the deal with the dealer installed "emergency" phone system. I'm guessing that the visionaries at Mercedes couldn't see the advent of cell phones and replacing this antiquated system! Center console storeage never worked either and CD system in the trunk...c'mon!!

Favorite Features

Leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Overall, I was disapointed. Would suggest a Toyota Avalon and save yourself thousands with better reliability and performance.

Wasted a lot of money
By AllisonN

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I have had nothing but problems from this car! Every other month something else breaks. This car was a certified pre-owned. During the very first month I owned this car it was in the shop for two weeks with mechanical problems. The problems have ranged from different censors going bad, to brakes wearing out way too soon, and even the middle air vents breaking twice!

Favorite Features

Beautiful exterior, weather band radio, and touch shift with my automatic.

Suggested Improvements

The emergency button should've been placed some where more easily accessible with a volume control for Tele Aid service.