1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: My First Benz

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Review

My First Benz
By MKTurismo on

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

I've owned nothing but domestics up until this point and I more than likely will never go back. This is my first Mercedes, bought it for $5k cash and it was a steal because it has had one owner (middle age woman), and is immaculate. Their's 172k miles on the odo and I've had not a single problem from her. Still rides smooth and quiet and no rattles or squeaks in the interior. Parts are cheaper than most people expect. I just changed front inner and outer bearings and seals on both sides in the front and only spent $60. Doors still slam solid no loose door panels and squeaking hinges like I've experienced from domestics. Has enough power for the daily commute, amazing stability at top speed!

Build quality, like a tank its solid and rigid. Interior materials and panels feel solid to the touch and high quality. High quality premium leather, still no cracks or creases. I love the 2.8L V6 (M112), amazing dependability at almost 175k miles now and still smooth.

I had an issue with the power seats working only when they felt like it, but found out its just a common bad relay that needed to be replaced in the trunk. The electronic tranny acts a little slow sometimes when I really want to put the throttle down but its just a C-Class, not a AMG lol.