Good Car
By Bill on
1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan
Not looking for MB, but wife convinced me to test one. I was hooked! Drove and handled nicely, quiet, and plenty of power with decent mileage (24-25 mpg). Would have liked better acceleration and responsiveness when I push the peddle down, but still good for a V-6 and relatively heavy car. I have about 150,000 miles on it and it still runs and handles great. I have not put much money into repairs other than basic stuff. Harmonic balancer went bad, but MB fixed it under a recall (no cost to me). Complaints are wiper motor going bad, interior wearing out, LCD display/dash lights going out, and the body is beginning to rust around the wheel wells and sun roof. I would by a MB again!
Favorite Features
Handling, nice ride, low road noise, power, and mileage. Stereo is great! Interior styling and layout. Looks great when clean and waxed. Ease of light bulb replacement and simple repairs - MB makes there cars easy to fix - just expensive to do.
Suggested Improvements
Better acceleration and responsiveness when the peddle is pushed down. LCD/lights on dash should last longer than mine did and windshield wiper motor should last longer - simple technology should not fail. Very disappointed in the body rust - would keep car longer if no rust because it runs good.