Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

1999 C280
By c4drm

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

This is my families 1st and will likely be our last Mercedes. This car was a peach when purchased used, low miles and in great shape. However it has been nothing short of a complete disapointment. Far too many problems and a rapping when getting repairs. I've had my Toyota for 8 years and have already spent more on repair costs on the Mercedes in the 2 years I've had it. And I have had it with this car. If you have one, best of luck.

Looks good, pretty good performance, and good gas mileage.

Too many issues for an expensive car with low miles and the repair costs are ridiculous.

Perfect mix of luxury and sportiness
By Polestar

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

The '99 C280 Sport is an excellent mix of luxury and sportiness. Recent reviews of MB's have opined poor quality. However, in '99 MB built the C280 like it built Mercedes of old: rock solid. This car is an absolute joy to drive. The suspension is like no other car I've owned. The Sport version has a firmer suspension than the standard model. However, it remains a very subtle ride and sticks in corners adding fun. The V-6 engine takes premium fuel and I'm getting between 22MPG to 26MPG in mixed driving. The quality of the car is excellent. It looks new even though it is six years old.

Engine, suspension, quality, Bose sound, leather sport seats, paint quality.

Only wish I had the option to open rear seating area to trunk.

A Must Have
By Mercedes Man

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

This car is definitely a must buy if you don't already have one. Acceleration is exceptional and handling is sharp and very responsive. I took a road trip to Utah last summer and let me tell you, the car felt great at high speed. Overall, the Mercedes-Benz C280 is definaitely worth the money.

V6 engine, suspension dampening, minimal body roll, powerful brakes, minimal wind noise, nicely weighted steering, grip, and multicontour seats are amazing.

Low speed transmission glitch

Fun to drive
By E, B. Mitchell

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

I love my C280. It handles like a dream, small turning radius, lots of power, not too big, not too small. Have had some electrical problems ( replaced starter, alternator, fuel guage after 50K mi). I will probably buy another small MBZ or the new BMW 330I

Handling and power

Eliminate the electrical problems

Far from Fahrvergn├╝gen
By gebrochen

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used 2 years ago. In the time I have had it, I have had to replace the windshield wiper motor 3 times. I have had to replace the planetary sun gear. The sensor on the braking system failed and resulted in above average repair cost. The BAS/ASR system failed. The cost of this car has outweighed any pleasure that the turbo, design and features could have offered. It has put me off German cars altogether. I'm going back to Japanese!

It's pretty!

Share schematics with other automotive manufacturers so that one is not held ransom to pay the extraordinarily high cost of genuine MB parts.